Junior Hunt Test Equipment

RichK

Junior Hunt Test Equipment

Post by RichK » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:22 am

What am I going to need for my first junior hunt test next weekend? Just a blank gun and an orange vest?

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Re: Junior Hunt Test Equipment

Post by RoostersMom » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:47 am

Leash and bring water and a collapsible bowl if it's going to be hot. Bring a good attitude too! You'll have fun.

SubMariner

Post by SubMariner » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:33 am

RichK wrote:What am I going to need for my first junior hunt test next weekend? Just a blank gun and an orange vest?
As well as a leash, you will also need a couple of collars: red & yellow, or a reversible collar with both yellow & red.

The "top" dog in the brace has the red collar while the "bottom" dog has the yellow.

Enjoy! :D
=SubMariner=
No matter where you go, there you are!

werkin2liv

Post by werkin2liv » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:32 pm

Taking your dog with you helps.

Seriously, I went to my first 2 hunt tests this spring--I was running in Juniors. I was very impressed by how nice and helpful everyone was and encouraging and all of the positive attitudes. Take plenty of water for both you and the dog, snacks for you, some food for the dog. Juniors usually run last of the day and sometimes it is after lunch when you will go. Sunscreen, bug spray, and a dry set of pants, socks, and extra shoes or boots is good in case you get wet, then you don't have to drive back to home/hotel in wet gear. Rain gear if you've got it, layers of clothes depending on where you are if it will be chilly in the morning. Make sure you have a good pair of sunglasses. A camera or phone to take pictures with also. Smile smile smile and have fun.