Collar Conditioning

kcbullets

Collar Conditioning

Post by kcbullets » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:29 am

Just a general question. Taking in to consideration the dog already knows each command, and you only work on one command at a time while collar conditioning. How much time between one command to the other? As long as they are separated does time matter?

EvanG

Re: Collar Conditioning

Post by EvanG » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:36 am

There really isn't a formula. But in my program of training there is a logical chronology of commands to teach...skills to acquire. Unlike other programs that CC to the stimulus generally, and in one fell swoop, I CC to specific commands as we proceed through the course of Basics. For example, I first CC to "Here". The next command I CC to will be "Fetch", but not until it's been taught and formalized. That may be a month or two. It has nothing to do with the e-collar, and everything to do with when the dog is ready.

You're in KC? Come train some time and I'll show you.

EvanG
“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”
― Mother Teresa

There is little reason to expect a dog to be more precise than you are.-- Rex Carr
The Smartwork System for Retriever Training (link)
Official Evan Graham Retriever Training Forum

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:22 pm

Now there's an offer I'd grab up in a second. :)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

kcbullets

Post by kcbullets » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:47 pm

Yes, I'd love the opportunity.