Remote Bird Launchers

RichK

Remote Bird Launchers

Post by RichK » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:31 pm

Any big difference between the Dogtra and DT systems? I'm looking to get a few of them to use with the remote to working on steadiness.

Del Lolo

Re: Remote Bird Launchers

Post by Del Lolo » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:34 pm

Go with the Dogtra --- 100% forget DT Systems.

RichK

Post by RichK » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:53 pm

Quail launcher for pigeons?

topher40
GDF Junkie

Post by topher40 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:27 am

Dogtra is the only way to go. The QL fits quail or pigeons.
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine

RayGubernat
GDF Junkie

Post by RayGubernat » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:31 am

topher40 wrote:Dogtra is the only way to go. The QL fits quail or pigeons.
What he said. The QL fits most chuckars also.

I have two Dogtras that are about twenty years old and still working just fine. They fire the instant I press the button... EVERY SINGLE TIME. All I have ever done to them is replace batteries.

Interestingly, I recently acquired a third launcher unit. I had been told that newly purchased systems will not work with older transmitters...BUT... when I inquired... the customer service folks were able to track back to my original system and set up the newly purchased launcher to work with my old, existing transmitter. I thought that was pretty amazing.

FWIW, I strongly recommend that, whichever system you get, that you mount the launcher unit on a piece of plywood that is slightly bigger all around than the launcher and electronics . This will keep the electronics off the ground and virtually eliminate electronic glitches due to moisture as well as minimizing opportunites for rust and corrosion. None of them are immune to dew or moisture getting into the launcher module and that WILL cause a failure.

RayG

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:58 am

I think you'll find people that love both. I wonder how many people have actually owned and used both? Both are beyond my income so I have the Lion Country launcher's. Lot of people told me they weren't worth the money, junk, but going on five years without a hitch. if you put a piece of plywood under them I might suggest you use an old worn gray piece. Not anywhere near as hard to hide. I make my foot traps out of very old wood, harder to see them.
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!