Trianing Video

Double Shot Banks

Trianing Video

Post by Double Shot Banks » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:08 pm

Just a little update since i heard some of you enjoyed my last video, I will have hunting videos this weekend.
This is just something we do a few times each day, he was feeling pretty silly at the time (camera shy :lol: ) but he did good.
Thanks
Isaac and Banks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDSlcNty ... e=youtu.be
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: Trianing Video

Post by Sharon » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:12 pm

You've done a darn good job. Enjoy. :)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

CDN_Cocker

Post by CDN_Cocker » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:35 am

This looks similar to a wagonwheel drill however its as if the dog is unsure where he is going sometimes. Looks good, but I think you need to ensure he is lined up properly at your side before sending him. Maybe because of the camera but I can't see you lining him up with your hand. By using your hand it is easier to tell if the dog is looking at the wrong line and you can tell him "no" until he looks at the proper one. I'm sure its just for filming sake, just seemed like you were going too quickly and not taking the time to line him up before each back. Looks like you're doing well with him though :)
Cass
"If you train a young dog for momentum, precision will arrive. If you train for precision, demanding perfection, momentum will depart." - Rex Carr

Double Shot Banks

Post by Double Shot Banks » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:54 am

CDN_Cocker wrote:This looks similar to a wagonwheel drill however its as if the dog is unsure where he is going sometimes. Looks good, but I think you need to ensure he is lined up properly at your side before sending him. Maybe because of the camera but I can't see you lining him up with your hand. By using your hand it is easier to tell if the dog is looking at the wrong line and you can tell him "no" until he looks at the proper one. I'm sure its just for filming sake, just seemed like you were going too quickly and not taking the time to line him up before each back. Looks like you're doing well with him though :)
He actually does well with lining up, your right you cannot see it well in the video but I do use my hand and line him up. Although sometimes if he remembers/sees a bumper we will go to that one instead which is fine with me.
Thanks,
Isaac and Banks
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.

Del Lolo

Post by Del Lolo » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:20 am

Double Shot Banks wrote: He actually does well with lining up, your right you cannot see it well in the video but I do use my hand and line him up. Although sometimes if he remembers/sees a bumper we will go to that one instead which is fine with me.
Thanks,
Isaac and Banks
You've come a long way - good for you.
You need to work more on "push-pull" lining.
Whether he 'sees a bumper' or not, he needs to go as sent.

EvanG

Post by EvanG » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:25 am

It's nice to see how he's grown and advanced. It appears he still needs more efficient obedience. He looks pretty loose...happy go lucky. I love "happy"! It's the 'go lucky' part that will tend to break down the more advanced work he's headed for.

EvanG
“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”
― Mother Teresa

There is little reason to expect a dog to be more precise than you are.-- Rex Carr
The Smartwork System for Retriever Training (link)
Official Evan Graham Retriever Training Forum