FF pics

Munster

FF pics

Post by Munster » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:32 pm

I have been working with Baja for about 5 weeks now on FF. I think things are going pretty well so far. I have definitely hit some bumps in the road. Still have a ways to go. Still have to add more locations and drags etc.

I have had her bring just about everything to me I can think of. Havent had her retrieve the hotdog like I did with Max. I know that would be an epic fail at this point. Besides, the hotdog was just for fun.

Today I added the weighted fox dummy. It is about 4-5 pounds. It can be weighted up to 12 pounds( wont do it for her though). I made it so that you can put 1 pound weights in each leg, 2 pounds in the head and 6 through out the body cavity.
I also added the weighted dumbell. Not sure of the weight of it, GB knows he built it.
The thing that I like most about her retrieve so far is the presentation. I worked really hard on it as Max kinda has a crappy one. So this was important to me.

15 weeks til HZP

Baja 1 year 3 weeks old

MAx with his hot dog. I actually had him retrieve it. I didnt place it in his mouth. He had to walk to table for it.

http://www.huntwithamunster.com

Dealer for Dogtra, Ruff Tuff and Mud River Need a product, just ask.

Hattrick

Re: FF pics

Post by Hattrick » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:52 am

Keep up the good work! You will like the resoults in the end.

h&t

Post by h&t » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:54 am

awesome!

Leon

FirearmFan

Post by FirearmFan » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:19 am

I love the picture of the fox dummy retrieve where her tail is all blurry. You can tell she's really wagging it.

Munster

Post by Munster » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:16 am

Yes, with force fetch, when we feel like we have a victory, so does the dog. i do think in that picture she was very proud of herself. Whenever I would place an object of any weight in front of her she would act as though she couldnt pick it up. I would have to "show her" that she could and then everything went fine. It may have been that I was giving pressure at the wrong times during the beginning. I was under the impression that you pressure all the way to the objects.But now realize that if the dog is moving towards it, why am I pressuring. Not sure how I missed that with all the great advise I was getting.

It is very interesting to me the change in behavior since I have removed her from the home and placed her in "Doggie Jail". When I open that kennel to do a session she has her eyes on me and the task at hand. I was very surprised that she didnt hesitate to lift that fox dummy or the dumbell.

Still have a long ways to go, but sharing the little victories is kinda fun and charges you up for the next step.

HA HA HA, just realized that you pros are probably rolling your eyes and saying "Big deal, the pup did what she was suppose to" But I am positive, you all were here once. :D
http://www.huntwithamunster.com

Dealer for Dogtra, Ruff Tuff and Mud River Need a product, just ask.

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

FF pics

Post by ACooper » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:40 pm

Nice post M, couple good things for us novice trainers to consider with FF.

Duckdog

Post by Duckdog » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:06 pm

Great pics!
I love the look of those eyes! I can see a lot of emotion there.