Backing Pic

Bberry20

Backing Pic

Post by Bberry20 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:41 am

Went out this weekend before the blizzard hit. I was working my pup with my buddies britts. We got into some birds and was able to work two backing drills on some wild birds. It was pretty cool to watch the pup progress. Here is the one picture i was able to save. The elderly britt (13 yrs) decided to swim in a icy covered hole and wasnt able to get out, needless to say we both went in after her. We managed to save her and it was a nice refreshing swim at 18 degrees and 8 am in the morning.

cohanzick creek

Re: Backing Pic

Post by cohanzick creek » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:02 am

nice pics
cc

big_fish

Post by big_fish » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:06 pm

nice pic congrats on the pup and sorry about your swim but you did a good thing. :D
I will take the dog and not the gun but never the gun without the dog !

Francois P vd Walt

Post by Francois P vd Walt » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:21 pm

Good to hear the dogs make you hapy & your love lets you get into ice coldvwater to save a dog! :D

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:30 am

it's just as refreshing at 8:37am! I had a springer up in Montana years ago. He loved the water but out duck hunting at about 10* he decided I'd asked to much. Wade'e out after the bird, put a hole in my hip boot, filled it with water and about ten feet from the duck, skipper swam past me and got the duck. I'm guessing he thought it was time to go home. He was my favorite all time dog! Hunting with him was an adventure. He was really good but sometime's he'd add a personal touch to things! :D
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

roaniecowpony

Post by roaniecowpony » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:48 am

When I see multiple dogs backing, it always make me think they have telepathy. Great pix