New Stuff, need insight

Ayres
GDF Junkie

New Stuff, need insight

Post by Ayres » Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:54 pm

Justus is outgrowing his little blue collar now, and we're going to pick him up a normal leather collar. I've seen ones with the D-ring and ones with the O-ring in the back. The O-ring ones are labeled as "safety" collars. I don't know why that is, but I'm tempted to get one just because I think it would be easier to latch and de-latch a check cord to that O-ring. Any insight?

Also, I'm contemplating getting some bird harnesses with the 7' release string for flushing (much cheaper than a remote launcher, and will serve my purpose for quick-training for this fall hunting season. I'll graduate to a launcher probably by next summer's field training). Any insight into these? Do they work well, and are they worth it?

Thanks all - Steven
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

Country-Side Breeders

Post by Country-Side Breeders » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:15 pm

I use the high visibility orange collars that have the o-ring on them. They're called safety collars because they are supposed to flip over if it should get caught up on anything.

Sorry, I can't help you out on the bird cord, I don't use them. Maybe someone else on the board can give some insight??

icefire

Post by icefire » Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:02 pm

o-ring for running, d-ring for staking out. as for the birds, if you can't afford a remote luncher right now, get a manual and convert it later. you will be much happier.