Snake proofing??

smdawg

Snake proofing??

Post by smdawg » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:21 am

Living in the south, there is a problem with snakes and gun dogs....anyone every snake proof their dog or have it done by a professional? What were your experiences???
Thanks, Rusty

Colleen

Post by Colleen » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:56 am

Haha, best of luck to you. I posted a question about that a couple months ago...also sent emails to the NC NAVHDA chapter, an SC Weim club and I think the North FL NAVHDA chapter, trying to find out if anyone knows trainers who do it. Evidently no one does. I did get a response from the NC NAVHDA guy saying they quit duck training their dogs on May 15 cause of snakes, so I took that as a sign that I probably ought to put it on hold also. Gators, mosquitoes and ticks are a pain in the a$$ too.

Closest I've come to snake training was almost stepping on a garden snake in my backyard, and screaming when I saw it, which in turn scared the begeezes outta my dog, so maybe he'll be scared of them now....doubt it though.

dhondtm

Post by dhondtm » Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:22 pm

Being in Arizona this type of training is essential. There is always a good chance you might run into a rattlesnake in the desert. Perhaps that is why it is a lot easier to find this type of training out here.

Everyone I know out here goes through Partners.
http://www.snakeproofing.com/