Snake Breaking in Minnesota

Az Draht

Snake Breaking in Minnesota

Post by Az Draht » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:44 am

Anyone know anybody that does snake breaking in Minnesota? My dad's NaVHDA club is thinking about holding a clinic for those members that travel to the Dakotas, Nebraska, Kansas, etc and they are trying to find someone to do it.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Re: Snake Breaking in Minnesota

Post by DonF » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:30 am

I've never done it but have though about it now and then. We have lots of snakes here. I don't hunt till the cold hit's and put's them down. As much as I think it's a good idea, I don't want to put my dogs thru it and don't get along with warm weather that well anyway.
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

Gertie

Post by Gertie » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:56 am

This club in Boise Idaho does a snake avoidance clinic every year http://srvgdc.wordpress.com/. I'd contact them and see if they might know of someone who could help you out.
'Dogs don't live long enough. Their only flaw really.' A.S. Turnbull
'Gertie'

AG74

Post by AG74 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:44 pm

The Pacific NW NAVHDA chapter did one last fall. I was out of town, but my wife took our one year old puppy. the trainer said he did exactly what he was supposed to do. Didn't run into any snakes this year, that I know of anyway. So maybe it worked! The training was $40 and took about 10 minutes.

Contact these guys and see where they got the trainer from - I had the feeling he's not in the chapter, nor from the area. good luck.

http://www.pnwnavhda.com/