Prices on Launchers

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Prices on Launchers

Post by Greg Jennings » Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:46 am

Does anyone know where to get launchers cheaper than for what Lion Country sells their "Better Launcher" ($42.95)?

I've got putting the remote launcher that Volraider on UplandBirdDog originated pretty well down.

The launchers are now the most expensive part and it seems to be a shame given how simple they are...

PA_Sportsman

Post by PA_Sportsman » Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:40 pm

That's the cheapest that I could find. I've been toying with putting another one together to simulate multiple bird rises.

Let me know what you find out.

Thanks

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:55 pm

Thanks PA.

I found what looks exactly like the same product for $42 under the "Scott" brand name. For $0.95, I'll stick with Lion Country.

Oh, well, having figured out how to do the electronics side myself, I may have to figure out the launcher side, too.

The electronics of the launcher are pretty easy. What I did do different than the design on UBD was mount the actuator directly onto the long side of the launcher where the trigger is vice inside the project box where the rest of the electronics go. The other thing I did differently was to mount the walkie-talkie onto the project box with stout velcro.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:38 pm

I got a pointer over on UBD that Dressler's Dog Supply has the Scott launchers for $37.

WildRose

Post by WildRose » Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:06 am

Check over on http://www.gundogsupply.com great people and always competitive on prices. One of the owners hunts with me and I'll guarantee they are real dog people and use everything they sell. Can't say enough good about the business and personal dealings I've had with their family over the years. CR
There's a reason I like dogs better'n people

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:30 am

WildRose wrote: always competitive on prices.
Will he negotiate? He's not competitive on this item.

WildRose

Post by WildRose » Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:46 am

Cut and paste an add from a site that's offing the items for less to an email and simply ask them if they can get close to matching it. On some items yes they will negotiate as will all businessman. Unfortunately you will find that just like Walmart a lot of these online outfits will sell a few lower volume items at even less than cost or right at it simply to get you in the door.

In my case I've done a LOT of business with them, heck I buy a couple of hundred dollars worth of collars alone from them each year. Unless we're talking a several hundred dollar item like the Dogtra launchers I don't even ask anymore about negotiating. For the most part I find that they'll be within 5-10% on nearly any item with other places I've shopped and that's good enough for me. They always handle orders promptly, inform me if something is out of stock, and usually if that's the case instead of waiting for their order to come in they'll simply have the manufacturer drop ship it to me directly to save time. Their prices are good, the service from them is what makes it all worth while, they're simply great folks to do business with.

Just for the record, I spent many thousands of dollars with them over the course of many years before Steve came out and hunted with me the first time; so there's no reason such as a mutual business benefit involved in my recommending them. They're just great folks. CR
There's a reason I like dogs better'n people

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:18 am

The reason I post is to gain valuable insights like yours. I appreciate it.

When I checked the price on the Scott launcher, I also checked the price on the Tri Tronics Pro 200 XLS that I just bought. GunDogSupply is exactly the same as I bought it for.

If I hadn't had a $20 discount in hand, I would have bought from them just to spread my money around.