E-Collar With GPS???

Grousehunter74

E-Collar With GPS???

Post by Grousehunter74 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:10 am

Does anyone make an all inclusive e-collar with gps?

Reading through some of the posts, it makes me wonder how many collars you have to put on your dog to be complete.

1. Regular leather collar with dog tags and a d-ring for the leash or check cord
2. Blaze orange collar so the dog won't get shot
3. E-collar
4. gps collar so you can find the dog
5. flea collar.... ;)
6. beeper for when the dog's on point

Ridge-Point

Re: E-Collar With GPS???

Post by Ridge-Point » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:53 am

I think the new Astro DC 40 has the ability to add an e-collar to the strap. I don't own one, but I know i read that somewhere. You can probably add a beeper as well. If you had an astro why would you want a beeper?

No doubt the collars tend to stack up during the hunting season. I run 3 collars on mine. Tracker, leather ID collar, and a e-collar.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:44 am

Yes, you can add the e-collar receiver to the Astro DC40. The Astro will alert you when the dog is on point, so you don't need a beeper. Also, the DC40 has a blaze orange strap. Instead of using a leather collar, why not use a blaze collar for your tags and rings. There are a lot of good quality durable collars in all different colors [check gun dog supply]. So, you can have it all with just two collars if you want to go that way.
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:51 am

Sport dog is coming out with a combo shock collar/gps unit.

see this viewtopic.php?f=69&t=27267

4dabirds

Post by 4dabirds » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:40 pm

Ridge-Point wrote:I think the new Astro DC 40 has the ability to add an e-collar to the strap. I don't own one, but I know i read that somewhere. You can probably add a beeper as well. If you had an astro why would you want a beeper?

No doubt the collars tend to stack up during the hunting season. I run 3 collars on mine. Tracker, leather ID collar, and a e-collar.
The new astro slides off the collar . You can get beepers that slide on to a collar also. The time lag on the astro does not allow you to see the dog in real time. the dog can go pretty far in 5 seconds. I use a bell because the beepers remind me of the backup alarms on the machines at work, last thing i want to be thinking about while i'm hunting. And the on point alarm on the astro is too high pitched for me to hear.

gonehuntin'
GDF Junkie

Post by gonehuntin' » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:26 pm

I don't want an all-in-one collar. I keep three collars on the dog. Orange ID collar. Orange TT ecollar. Orange AStro collar. I really don't need the ID collar, I just leave it on.

If wearing one collar and they lose it, they''ve lost two collars and cost you $1000.00.

If they wear an all in one collar and something goes wrong, you're out the ecollar and the GPS while it's being repaired.

I'll keep my multiple collars, thank you.
LIFE WITHOUT BIRD DOGS AND FLY RODS REALLY ISN'T LIFE AT ALL.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:29 pm

gonehuntin' wrote:I don't want an all-in-one collar. I keep three collars on the dog. Orange ID collar. Orange TT ecollar. Orange AStro collar. I really don't need the ID collar, I just leave it on.

If wearing one collar and they lose it, they''ve lost two collars and cost you $1000.00.

If they wear an all in one collar and something goes wrong, you're out the ecollar and the GPS while it's being repaired.

I'll keep my multiple collars, thank you.
Yeh, I do the same thing. I don't see a problem with it.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way