Tri-Tronics G3 Collars Breakage

mtjim

Tri-Tronics G3 Collars Breakage

Post by mtjim » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:01 am

I've had three Tri-Tronics G3 Collars break in the last year and a half. Just wondering if anyone else is having a similar problem?

It's always close to the collar hole on the end but the break extends across the whole unit. I got the first one fixed under Warranty by TT but the second one they said was not covered by the warranty - something about the way it broke. I had to pay $62 for repairs on that one. I haven't sent the last one in yet.
Be wary of the man in the tattered old hunting coat with the bony pointer and the well worn side by side, he'll outshoot you every day.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Re: Tri-Tronics G3 Collars Breakage

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:48 am

Are you referring to the plastic tab on the side of the receiver?

If so it comes from holding the strap way to the sides trying to capture the dog not just holding the collar and bring it up in to position to putting the collar on the dog
I had mine for over a year and loaned use to a friend and in less then a couple times of using my collar she broke the side and that is what she was doing because her dog wouldn't stand still.
then the other day on my other receiver which I have had for 3 years now another person broke it doing the same thing.

The collars still work perfect...
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

jlp8cornell

Post by jlp8cornell » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:07 am

I have had mine for 1.5 yrs with no issues. A friend of mine, the same.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:05 pm

I've had two for several years with no problems.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

mtjim

Post by mtjim » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:09 pm

kninebirddog wrote:Are you referring to the plastic tab on the side of the receiver?

If so it comes from holding the strap way to the sides trying to capture the dog not just holding the collar and bring it up in to position to putting the collar on the dog
I had mine for over a year and loaned use to a friend and in less then a couple times of using my collar she broke the side and that is what she was doing because her dog wouldn't stand still.
then the other day on my other receiver which I have had for 3 years now another person broke it doing the same thing.

The collars still work perfect...
Thanks I'll have to watch that closer. I have 4 dogs and three of them stand perfectly still to get their collars. The other, my biggest male, is a little more hyper - I'll bet he's the culprit.
Be wary of the man in the tattered old hunting coat with the bony pointer and the well worn side by side, he'll outshoot you every day.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:48 pm

WHat i do for when I have to collar a moving target I will slip the strap through the buckle and then slide it over the head
that way I don't have to chase the buckle loop around...you know how just as your getting the strap through they move :?
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.