Swimming Pool Training?

DAISYISMYDOG

Swimming Pool Training?

Post by DAISYISMYDOG » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:15 pm

In my last post I left out alot and I apologize for wasting space and time. I was wondering if my swimming pools chemicals would hurt my dog in anyway. I saw a youtube video of this guy and he had some sort of contraption his dog could use to get out but I dont know what it was or where to look for something like that. its an above ground pool, dont know if that means anything. Opinions and comments are welcomed. Thanks guys.

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Re: Swimming Pool Training?

Post by birddog1968 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:35 pm

you could end up with a torn liner......just a thought.
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

DAISYISMYDOG

Post by DAISYISMYDOG » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:09 pm

This is true, oh well. hehe

postoakshorthairs

Post by postoakshorthairs » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:13 am

I don't think the pool chemicals would hurt the dog. I've had several of my dogs in our pool over the year and have never had an issue...I test it on my kids first ! :mrgreen: Unless you have a concrete or fiberglass pool there is a chance on ruining the liner as was mentioned before. When the dog nears the edge and has no way to get out they get in a panic and claw the edge. The ones i have seen had a gradual slope to the shallow end so the dog could walk out.

friedaddy

Post by friedaddy » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:41 am

My dad has an above ground pool that his lab and golden retriever swim in. Just teach them to jump in or go in at the ladder. And taught them to go out at the ladder. They were corrected when going to the sides and rewarded when they swam to the ladder and climbed out. It has worked so far!