How is everyone's training going so far

grant
GDF Junkie

How is everyone's training going so far

Post by grant » Thu May 27, 2004 8:52 am

My training is going well so far. I've gotten the e-collar, and my pigeon trap is out as we speak. Last week, I took Bell and Carl out to a large field so I could put some distance between us. In my yard, they really don't get to stretch their legs much. I hope I catch some pigeons soon, and I will head out to that field to let them find some birds....

:cyclops:

Grant

T2Georgia

Post by T2Georgia » Thu May 27, 2004 11:34 am

Grant,

The breeder where I bought my GSP sells homing pigeons for about $5 a piece. He is in Gainesville. If you are interested, let me know and I will provide you his email address and/or phone number.

Later,

Tommy

raven

Post by raven » Fri May 28, 2004 6:36 am

SO FAR SO GOOD HE'S GOT SOME TOUCH UP WORK TO DO AFTER A LONG WINTERS BREAK THE ONLY REAL BAD HABBIT I HAVE NOTICED IS HES FLAGGING (WAGGING HIS TAIL ON POINT).

boykinhntr

Post by boykinhntr » Fri May 28, 2004 6:23 pm

Training has been going great! My boykin, remi, has been a machine lately. We just started hand thrown triples. No problems at all. He has more drive than ever. I will be getting an e-collar next week. As well as things have been going, I know a problem lies around the corner. The joys of a pup.

GrouseHunter22

Post by GrouseHunter22 » Sun May 30, 2004 9:38 am

Currently I have no dog so I am in the rebuilding stage. In a month or two I will be getting an adult female English Setter. She is already broke and has pointed grouse for at least 2 seasons.

Helen

Post by Helen » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:11 pm

Going very well. I'm currently training my 10 month old springer. We took her out on some snipe yesterday (for work) and she was fantastic. Much better than we hoped. Her hunting pattern needs to come along a bit but she did well following my older springer. She even managed to flush a pheasant and just dropped.

Helen