Good training in Idaho

maverick351

Good training in Idaho

Post by maverick351 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:11 pm

I live in Nampa and am looking for areas near there to take the dogs out and let them run loose for some training. I am new to the area and am not aware of anything around here. I might even do some scouting if its a good area. I hunt upland as well as waterfowl so I am looking for good areas to let him run and swim. Thanks for all the help.

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Re: Good training in Idaho

Post by DGFavor » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:16 pm

Here's what you do, not quite yet, maybe in a couple more weeks, walk out into your front yard, randomly spin yourself around and around then stop suddenly. Grab your dog and head off in the direction you are facing and you'll do fine...serious. Your biggest concern will not be "where" it will be your competition for "where" when you get there. :wink: :D

glk7243

Post by glk7243 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:52 pm

Geeeeeesh Doug, I saw you posted and I was afraid you were going to send him to my secret spot #47.
I'll give you a little more help than the good doctor did.
Head south.
Regards
Gary

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:44 pm

See, already, the competition for "where" is showing up!! 'ol glk7243 - I think there is actually several models of him scattered in all directions around the valley. :lol:

cody

Post by cody » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:39 pm

you might try lake lowell if you want somewhere close with water, never been there myself but I do drive by quite a bit. It might be closed for nesting season. Fort Boise in Parma shouldn't be to bad for you either, don't try hunting pheasants there unless your willing to belly crawl and take on a little lead, I guarentee it won't be boring . I used to go out there after the hunting seasons to run my dog and it was nice. I don't know where you are moving here from but be prepared for the ticks, I have never seen ticks like this.