Video of Carl's Training Session, May 15th, 2004

grant
GDF Junkie

Video of Carl's Training Session, May 15th, 2004

Post by grant » Sat May 15, 2004 10:41 am

I worked a bit with Bell and Carl this morning. It’s been about two months or so since the dogs have been on birds, so they wanted to creep in on the bird. I had an automatic bird launcher setup, so when the dogs crept in on the bird, I flushed it; then they were more careful from then on. Below is a link to the video clip of me working with Carl. He had a good point, but breaks a little after the flush. He then sees the launcher moving and heads to check that out. Over all he did good, and I’m proud of Bell and Carl both.

Video
** You need Windows Media Player to watch this video clip.
** If you do not have high speed internet access, it may take a few min. to load.

http://www.gundogforum.com/temp/carltraining.wmv

Grant
Last edited by grant on Sat May 15, 2004 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

emae

Post by emae » Sat May 15, 2004 10:49 am

wow--very cool!! Am thinking of getting some more bird work in again, has been acouple months for us as well. Also getting our new wire pup mid June, so getting excited to see how he does. thanks for sharing.

12 Volt Man

Post by 12 Volt Man » Thu May 20, 2004 10:07 am

Great video. Keep those coming! It is a real help for us rookies.

Also, it looked like you have a really neat place for training.

feralaussie

Post by feralaussie » Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:35 am

Grant, thanks for taking the time to make the video and posting if so we can all see.

I'm a two-three hour drive from any decent bird country so even going as a spectator to learn is a bit of an ordeal. Besides, there aren't a lot of training videos available that I know of around this way, so yours is really appreciated!

:D :D

Sam

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:43 am

Hi Sam,

Checkout these posts

http://www.gundogforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=153

They have awesome tapes...

feralaussie

Post by feralaussie » Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:13 am

Thanks Grant.

I've had a look and they do look good! I'm going to find out how much it'll cost to get it sent over to Oz.

Sam