Chukar in Launcher

rkelly

Chukar in Launcher

Post by rkelly » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:33 pm

I have a DT launcher, quail and pigeon size. I was just wondering if anybody knows if a chukar will fit in this size?

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Re: Chukar in Launcher

Post by lvrgsp » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:01 pm

Yes they will fit, you may have to load the fat ones in like you would in any other launcher, some chukar are a little big to use the end door. The DT's have worked really well for us with pigeons, quail, and chukar.

Chip

steingre

Post by steingre » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:57 pm

I have both the Pheasant and quail size launchers- I've found that the smaller launchers CAN hold a chukar, BUT...they don't "toss" the bird with very much authority- the birds don't get enough elevation for me!!! You'll be much happier with the Pheasant size!

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:23 pm

rkelly wrote:I have a DT launcher, quail and pigeon size. I was just wondering if anybody knows if a chukar will fit in this size?

Anything will fit in, but it might not fly afterwards. :) I use it for smaller sized chukar; it's a challenge for the big boys.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett