Frozen Feet

nsavaglio

Frozen Feet

Post by nsavaglio » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:01 pm

I have a Brittany and last year in a couple of the colder hunts we had an issue of the fur between his pads getting little ice balls on it. He would then try to chew them off and get his feet wetter and make the problem worse. I got him a pair of boots which work OK, it is just a pain in the butt. I was just wondering if anyone has a solution (or has even had this problem). I don't know if cutting the hair between the pads would help, but I was trying to see if there was a way to avoid the boots until it is absolutely neccesary. I also heard that cooking spray might help...not sure, but thought I would throw it out there.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Re: Frozen Feet

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:06 pm

Trimming the fur back will help

also some show sheen will help or i believe it is call mushers secret

also if nothing else pam cooking spray
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Brittguy

Post by Brittguy » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:27 am

cut the hair between the pads. I know people use Vaseline, but I don't know how good it works.

westexasrepublic

Post by westexasrepublic » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:28 pm

Soouthland's Duke of Hearts
Little Lady Maple

ImageEdit This PedigreeGet Your Free Pedigree Today! WEST TEXAS

3Britts

Post by 3Britts » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:31 pm

:lol: You just have to love it when a hunter from Texas has the picture for Musher's secret.
Trimming the hair between the pads usually works for me. At least it did when I lived in Minnesota.