e-collar

ccl20

ecollar

Post by ccl20 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:17 pm

I would suggest going with a name brand, I like Dogtra, or tri tronics. I currently own a Dogtra, and could be happier. It never fails me and the battery last’s forever. On a full charge, my battery will last up to four months, and that’s with daily use. Both companies are great, and I bet some other people could back me up on this. don’t get my wrong, there are many other companies out there that are great also, but I have had my best success with these two companies, and they also seemed to be favored.

lking

Post by lking » Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:53 pm

Just like ccl20 said, I'd go with either Tri-tronics or Dogtra. I am a TT user and it has been nice. Many trainers I know have converted to Dogtra and have nothing bad to say. My first collar was an Innotek and it pains me to even talk about it. :cry:

Cherokee

Re: e-collar

Post by Cherokee » Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:10 pm

gunner wrote:Does anyone have a preference on e-collar brands?
We use the Dog-tra it works best for us they are so versitile and both the collar and transmiter are waterproof

Country-Side Breeders

Post by Country-Side Breeders » Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:17 am

Tri-Tronics Upland Special is what I use. I too, had an Innotek and although it did work, it wasn't for very long. Tri-Tronics has an excellent customer service center and repairs them with no questions asked, not that I've needed to use that service yet.

raven

Post by raven » Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:49 am

I ALSO USE AND HIGHLY RECOMEND DOGTRA I USE THE 2000 T&B

grant
GDF Junkie

2000 T&B

Post by grant » Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:41 pm

I also use the Dogtra 2000 T&B b/c the Owens bunch out at cherokeehunting.com let me use it.....Might just take it home one of these days =)

I like the beep functionality of it, but my dogs are young and the beep sometimes throws them off....

PA_Sportsman

SportDog Pro Hunter 2400

Post by PA_Sportsman » Mon May 24, 2004 12:21 pm

I just bought a SportDOG pro hunter 2400 on Ebay for $232.00. This collar works awesome and comes with a lifetime warranty.

After a month of using the collar, I highly recommend it!

http://www.sportdog.net

WildRose

Post by WildRose » Mon May 24, 2004 1:08 pm

I've been a huge fan of the DT systems products for about fifteen years but have used tri tronics and Dogtra as well. A friend and customer of mine owns www.gundogsupply.com and so anytime I have a question about any training supplies I ask him, he gives good honest answers that are all well researched since no only do they sell these items they use them all as well.

My most recent collar purchase was the DT systems 7302 which has every feature I ever dreamed of in a collar and all of them easily accessable from the remote.

Currently I own Dogtra bird launchers, and have used their collars as well and find them very close in all respects to the DT products which only makes sense since the guy that runs Dogtra Started out with DT.

I prefer those two over all others. Now as to the sport dog products My same source at www.gundogsupply.com has no problem recommending their products at all, he knows the people and has been using their stuff since the first prototypes came out. They are not as well known and proven but then Neither was DT when I started with them. CR
There's a reason I like dogs better'n people

gspman

e collar

Post by gspman » Tue May 25, 2004 7:20 am

I own 3 dogtra collars... never had a problem with any of them :D

ourhunters

Post by ourhunters » Tue May 25, 2004 11:34 am

We have a tri tronics for our weim, used it wrong of course since he was out first! Live and learn, I guess. The only plus is that when we put it on him he listens really well - the bad part is take it off and he ignores us!

Anyhow, we started a site www.southdakota-outdoors.com with one of our friends, and partnered up with the total outdoor network to bring our members a store. We just got in the line of DT Collars, which we'll have to try with our gsp. You can check out the equipment by going to the site, clicking on store, then going to Misc Fall Acc.

What we're doing is giving our premium members ton bucks (a percentage of the purchase price back to buy other things with). So, members sign up for 19.95/year, receive 10.00 in ton bucks right away to use on your first purchase. That means you only pay 9.95/year to be a member and save a ton!

But, anyhow, I just saw that you can receive between 3.00 and 69.50 in ton bucks on the DT products. It's worth checking out. See if there are other things you'd buy somewhere else anyway - but for full price.

Hope this can help someone out! We buy a bunch of fishing stuff - so it's really saved us money.

Thanks.
Caren

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Tue May 25, 2004 9:46 pm

I was already familiar with www.gundogsupply.com , so I went there to check out the SportDog collars as recommended. They're at a good price, and the simplest one is even expandable should I get another dog at some point. 3/4 mile range is plenty. I think when I finally get an e-collar, I'll most likely go with the SportDog.

PA_Sportsman

SportDOG

Post by PA_Sportsman » Wed May 26, 2004 6:10 am

Ayres,

I don't think you can go wrong with SportDOG e-collars. I was looking into Dogtras but after doing a lot of research on SportDOG it really seemed like the collar had all of the functions I wanted at a great price and backed by a Lifetime warranty.

Best of Luck!!

Colleen

Post by Colleen » Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:43 am

Any of these companies market some kind of dual-collar thing, I don't know what to call it, but 2 collars with just one remote? I haven't started my 10 month old on a an e-collar yet but will soon, and I'll be getting another pup in the fall for whom I will eventually need another collar. Just seems easier and more efficient to be able to use the same remote on them both.

PA_Sportsman

Post by PA_Sportsman » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:20 pm

The SportDOG 1200 operates 2 seperate collars. The second collar can be purchased for $99.00.

http://www.sportdog.net

Country-Side Breeders

Post by Country-Side Breeders » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:37 pm

Many companies make two dog remote/collars. I know for sure that Dogtra and Tri-tronics do. Comes in very handy when you do have more than one dog.