Back home in Indiana with Gregory and Janet

Gregory

Back home in Indiana with Gregory and Janet

Post by Gregory » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:04 pm

Surprize, Surprize!

This is Janet, posting on Gregorys computor. Decided to make a little trip to Indiana to do some first hand training with Gregory. Not only does he know what he is talking about in the dog world, you should taste the fancy victual's he puts on the table. Talk about hospitality! He and his wife Deb go out of their way to make you feel at home.

Took our dogs for a great run this morning and I must say, his GSP, Pete, does one heck of a job on both land and water. After the fun run, we put a few birds out for the dogs and Pete showed he can really stand his birds with style that run's goose bumps down your spine.

Now don't think for one minute that the two of us haven't had great discussions on which way is the correct way, the nice thing is we have had enough time to come to a mutual understanding without worrying about somebody hitting the delet button. (The devil made me do it Grant). :D

Tomorrow we have another full day scheduled with the dogs, then after words we wiil head to Kentucky, to Walt's Hitching Post Rib House. Gregory say's I am in for a real treat. Anyone who is in the area, come join us!

As for the "real treat" is to have met Gregory and his wife Deb.
I am enjoying this visit and wish I lived closer so we could continue our exchange of training methods and ideas.

Janet
Last edited by Gregory on Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:14 pm

If I see any delet buttons running around I'll be sure to hit them for ya! hahahah BTW, if you want to see some real dogs, you've got to come further south... =)

Really, I'd like to come up there, and hang with y'all someday...

How long was your drive Janet?

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:19 pm

Hi Deb, what are y'all having tonight? Lins and I probably will cook steak....

OH!, Janet, was Gregory the Devel? lol! Just having fun... Its FRIDAY!!!

TAK

Post by TAK » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:40 pm

Wrong Grant you need to come out west to see the best! Things are better out West!!!!!! Utah to be more Clear!

Janet be carfull G-man there will have you with GSP's before long! Glad to hear you folks are living the good life!

Gregory

Post by Gregory » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:45 pm

Well now, Maybe I should head your way,
but only if your steaks are thicker then Gregory's.

The trip was about 8 hour's and as far as who is playing the devels advocate? Well it was a little of me and a lot of him.

Janet

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:47 pm

TAK,

You call that Clown a bird dog? :D What did you do with 12 volt? I don't seem him anymore...

Country-Side Breeders

Post by Country-Side Breeders » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:48 pm

Janet, what did you decide to do with your female...did you bring her in again??

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:52 pm

Gregory wrote:Well now, Maybe I should head your way,
but only if your steaks are thicker then Gregory's.

The trip was about 8 hour's and as far as who is playing the devels advocate? Well it was a little of me and a lot of him.

Janet
Don't waste your time.... Lins and I are doing the south beach diet thing... For the first two weeks no bread, potato, beer, etc... So we're only having a steak, no garlic bread, potato, and finally, whats a steak without a beer? Yep, no beer. You'll be better off at Gregory's.... Well, unless your on the south beach diet too.... :D

Grant

Gregory

Post by Gregory » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:57 pm

Hi Patty, No, I took your advice and went with the one breeding.

I want to thank you for the fine explaination you posted on my question. You made it very clear and I have printed it to save for the future. For the first time I now know what day one is supposed to look like. :)

Janet

TAK

Post by TAK » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:59 pm

grant wrote:TAK,

You call that Clown a bird dog? :D What did you do with 12 volt? I don't seem him anymore...
No it is more like this THEE BIRD DOG!

I have talked with 12 volt on the phone. He is still alive and kicking. He has the gun business to and he is pretty swamped. Plus he is heading out to Vegas for the Jimmy Buffet concert here soon! Me I would spend the money on a GSP since all he has is Pointers! LOL

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:01 pm

TAK wrote:

:D

portsider44

Post by portsider44 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:45 pm

grant wrote: whats a steak without a beer? Yep, no beer.
Grant
Yeah thats one of the tings I really dislike about the Atkins & SBD. FOr me it's hard to fire up the grill with off oppping a top on a nice cold beer.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:56 pm

TAK wrote:

You call that Clown a bird dog? :D
Down with Clown. Up with Chick, Blick and Hustler! ;) .

Just kidding. I'm just being loyal to my boy's line.

Best regards,

TAK

Post by TAK » Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:48 am

Greg Jennings wrote:
TAK wrote:

You call that Clown a bird dog? :D
Down with Clown. Up with Chick, Blick and Hustler! ;) .

Just kidding. I'm just being loyal to my boy's line.

Best regards,
As you should! Some dogs have to fill in the 2nd and 3rd's out there!!!!! :D

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:46 am

Down here where the dogs have to smell to find a bird rather than looking under the only little bush for 100 yards, everyone just refers to the Clown line as "that there dog that backs all the time".

<Grinning, ducking and running>,

Gregory

Post by Gregory » Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:42 am

This is Janet,
Keep it on topic or I will have to zig the moderator on you.

Had a delicious steak dinner last night and for all you beer drinkers I brought some good German beer with me to top it off. Humm, humm good!

Just got back from some more running and training with Pete and my dog Volt. With Greg in charge things went so well we are back home hitting whats left of the German beer.

Janet

TAK

Post by TAK » Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:21 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:Down here where the dogs have to smell to find a bird rather than looking under the only little bush for 100 yards, everyone just refers to the Clown line as "that there dog that backs all the time".

<Grinning, ducking and running>,
Greg,
What can I say to that???? Besides 3XNFC back to back to back, soon to be AKC top Producing Sire of all time.(I was told this I have no facts) also to add to that I own Clown Bred dogs and for that it is cooler than Tooth paste in a tube!

Janet just some good ol ribbin' going on! Do You know in Alabama they invented the Toothbrush???? Anywhere else it would have been called a TEETHbrush!!!! :occasion5:

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:11 pm

lol!

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:41 pm

TAK wrote: Greg,
What can I say to that???? Besides 3XNFC back to back to back, soon to be AKC top Producing Sire of all time.(I was told this I have no facts) also to add to that I own Clown Bred dogs and for that it is cooler than Tooth paste in a tube!

Janet just some good ol ribbin' going on! Do You know in Alabama they invented the Toothbrush???? Anywhere else it would have been called a TEETHbrush!!!! :occasion5:
Just joshing, which is rare for me. I'm, of course, aware of Clown's record.

And, as you know, Clown's top-side (Jig's White Smoke) intersects with the Blick/Chick/Axel line.

They're all good dogs.

I'm a Tennessean/Texan. Living here these last few years has ruined my accent, though.

Best,

TAK

Post by TAK » Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:40 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
TAK wrote: Greg,

Just joshing, which is rare for me. I'm, of course, aware of Clown's record.

And, as you know, Clown's top-side (Jig's White Smoke) intersects with the Blick/Chick/Axel line.

They're all good dogs.

I'm a Tennessean/Texan. Living here these last few years has ruined my accent, though.

Best,
Keep that Joshing up! Makes it fun!
Ohh a Texan huh? You know what they say about Texan's.?. I won't go there!!!!

I am a dog person, Hair- long or short, tail - long or short it best do what I ask and do it well! Wire's too!

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:09 am

TAK wrote:Ohh a Texan huh? You know what they say about Texan's.?. I won't go there!!!!
Everyone knows that everything is bigger, better and bad-er assed in Texas.

Best regards,

TAK

Post by TAK » Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:59 pm

Funny!

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:30 pm

I`m glad to see everyones been havin such a good time while we were up there sweatin' trying to get some dogs passed! Greg, you and Janet should have come on down and put `em on the proving ground! They ALL look good in the back yard! :P Or just sipped some at Logens!
brenda

Gregory

Post by Gregory » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:49 pm

Janet and I had a great time doing our own thing with out having to worry about proving anything to each other,or to someone else....
She's quite a gal, with a great Dog. I don't have much experience with Wire's but after watching Volt in action, I'd say he'd be one of the dogs to beat in a Shoot to retrieve format. So If I were you I 'd becareful not to bite more than what you can chew!. :P

G.

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:19 am

To be quite honest Greg, I would love to see you guys running your dogs. I know you have nothing to prove, and sometimes it`s not about that, it`s about getting out and enjoying what you and your dog have shared in training when you can`t get out to hunt. It`s also alot of other things and to me getting to be more important, is the meeting of new friends and just enjoying the comradery of people that love the same things that you do. There is always good with the bad anywhere, but we have far surpassed meeting good friends and having a few laughs, then we have had bad experiences. Our best hunting buddies we have met and camped with at trials. Now we meet up for hunting every year.
brenda

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:23 am

snips wrote:It`s also alot of other things and to me getting to be more important, is the meeting of new friends and just enjoying the comradery of people that love the same things that you do.
yep

Gregory

Post by Gregory » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:31 am

You are right, exactly what janet, Deb and I did. Enjoyed the dogs and each others company. You , Deb and I had a great time at the hunt test, didn't we;.)
G

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:42 am

snips wrote:To be quite honest Greg, I would love to see you guys running your dogs. I know you have nothing to prove, and sometimes it`s not about that, it`s about getting out and enjoying what you and your dog have shared in training when you can`t get out to hunt. It`s also alot of other things and to me getting to be more important, is the meeting of new friends and just enjoying the comradery of people that love the same things that you do. There is always good with the bad anywhere, but we have far surpassed meeting good friends and having a few laughs, then we have had bad experiences. Our best hunting buddies we have met and camped with at trials. Now we meet up for hunting every year.
The additional thing for me is that after many less-than-successful tries, this has turned out to be the elusive family activity. We exercise the dogs together, we train together, we go to tests and trails together. My wife and kids are training to show the kids' dog (the little shorthair we got from Brenda and Rick). Especially since I bought her the digital SLR, the wife has really gotten into "capturing the moment".

Best regards,