"Silent Hunting, No whistles no whoas"

TAK

Post by TAK » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:02 am

Gregory wrote:Yup,you read that right Bub.. :lol:
Bzzzzzt!! Bzzzzt!!
Then again, if you were to send me one of them deer hides you got stashed, I'd put it to good use.I have the barrel........ 8) :lol:

Greg
We don't have any White tailes around here. I would guess you need to DETRAIN with same as Deer! And for that matter we don't have many Mullies anymore either!

TAK

Post by TAK » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:03 am

What did I miss????

snip

Post by snip » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:39 am

Greg you can deer break with a goat. They smell the same. I have seen kennels around Union Springs with a goat kept in he kennels next to the dogs so they learn not to pay attn to them. There `ya go..

Gregory

Post by Gregory » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:53 am

snip wrote:Greg you can deer break with a goat. They smell the same. I have seen kennels around Union Springs with a goat kept in he kennels next to the dogs so they learn not to pay attn to them. There `ya go..

Arn't you forgettin',it's Gregory,let's try making it easy on janet :lol:

I preffer sheep, but a goat might do in a pinch... :wink:

Gregory

birddog

Post by birddog » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:07 am

Gregory, Snips, I would have hoped someone who has seen the video would have jumped in here to say that Deer Advoidence is covered under the Tips and Opinions Section, with a fast, short an effective minute or two training session with a pup between 8 to 16 weeks of age. No need for Deer skins, Goats or Sheep. Gregory, once the dog is the age of Pete you better go buy some Sheep.
Janet
Last edited by birddog on Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

portsider44

Post by portsider44 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:34 am

birddog wrote:[
With any training method, we should take what we want and leave the rest.
Couldn't agree with you more. I don't think there will every be 1 method of training that will work for all dogs & handlers. Take what you like,what works & leave the rest.