Robin MacFarlane Obedience dvd's

randomnut

Robin MacFarlane Obedience dvd's

Post by randomnut » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:43 pm

Anybody have any experience with her, or her training videos. My pup is 6 months old, and while I have purchased a Garmin Pro 550 a couple months ago, I haven't used it yet and would prefer to wait a couple more months.

My pup knows sit, come, no,and down, but not much else, and he doesn't do these consistently.

I'm looking for a guide to get a little better handle on him, without starting the ecollar.

I've already purchased the Perfect Start/Perfect Finish, but I'd like to have more control before we get started on it.

mbole

Re: Robin MacFarlane Obedience dvd's

Post by mbole » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:00 pm

You don't need much control over him to start Perfect Start. I think I'd go ahead and start introducing to birds, check cord, bird release.

Twhjelmgren28

Post by Twhjelmgren28 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:23 pm

Disclaimer: I just joined this forum and I haven't trained a gun dog (yet...), but,

Not sure if you read pointing dog journal at all but the July/August 2015 issue wrote a great article regarding e-collars and it actually recommended "Gun Dog Supply Basic Obedience Ecollar Training with Robin MacFarlane." I guess that isn't much help because it relates directly to the e-collar and it sounds like you aren't looking to use that yet.

Just thought I'd throw that out there as I was trying to learn when I would start an e-collar and I happened upon this article like two days ago.

randomnut

Post by randomnut » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:01 pm

Twhjelmgren28 wrote:Disclaimer: I just joined this forum and I haven't trained a gun dog (yet...), but,

Not sure if you read pointing dog journal at all but the July/August 2015 issue wrote a great article regarding e-collars and it actually recommended "Gun Dog Supply Basic Obedience Ecollar Training with Robin MacFarlane." I guess that isn't much help because it relates directly to the e-collar and it sounds like you aren't looking to use that yet.

Just thought I'd throw that out there as I was trying to learn when I would start an e-collar and I happened upon this article like two days ago.
Just picked it up today. I didn't know all she did was e-collar training. The article looked promising, just not sure my dog and I are ready for that. Thanks