E-Collar/Beeper Collar Combo

PheasantHunter

Post by PheasantHunter » Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:47 pm

Anyone ever tried a e-collar/beeper collar combo collar? I'm looking at Dogtra 2000 T&B. Anyone familiar with it? Reccommedations?

Tks, Mike

TAK

Post by TAK » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:54 pm

I have the Dogtra e-collars and love them. I added some sportdog beepers and have had nothing real bad so far. The on/off system is not real neat but I have not had a problem with it yet.

rkalgren

Post by rkalgren » Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:07 pm

We have the Dogtra 2000 T&B 2 dog system and love it. It had been recomended to us by people who actually use a Tri-tronics system but are going to switch to the Dogtra.

PheasantHunter

Post by PheasantHunter » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:01 pm

Great, thanks!

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:00 pm

Tri-Tronics also has an accessory beeper. There G2 Pro series will turn the beeper off and on from the transmitter.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:48 pm

I have a TT Pro 200 XL (no beeper) and the Dogtra 2002 T&B.

When I'm mostly using it for the beeper the T&B is just fine. When I want to do serious training....well, the ergonomics of the TT are unbeatable.

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:52 pm

The 2000 T&B is a good collar. Note, though, that the 2000 series is being replaced by the 2200 series. The 1200 series is being replaced by the 1600 and 1700 series collars.

Go to dogtra.com and you won't even see the 1200 or the 2000 listed.
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

GRIFF MAN

Post by GRIFF MAN » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:24 pm

I have a Tri T. upland xl for the last 3 years and it has worked perfect. I use it alot and never an issue except the battery the beeper uses 9 volt not a big deal to replace them.

On the other hand I have 3 Dogtra launchers and they have worked well. I have looked at the dogtra collars and if I had to choose between the two I guess I'm more used to using the TT and would go that route again.

Griff

mrsb73122

Post by mrsb73122 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:25 pm

I was on the Dogtra sight today and the 2000 T&B is listed under beeper/trainer collars.
Sharon B.

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:35 pm

2000 T&B yes. 1200 and 2000 Pro Series are not.

Got the word from Dogtra today, the 1600 and 1700 are replacing the 1200. (1700 has the little back-lit lcd screen) And, the 2200 is replacing the 2000.

The 2000 T&B is a different collar. The Dogtra T&B collars have the beeper and receiver all on one collar so you can't separate them.
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

portsider44

Post by portsider44 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:52 am

I just bought a recondition TT 65bprs & really like that the beeeper can be turned on & off with the remote.

I can't beleive how loud it is & it concerns me on what kind of hearing damage this could cause on my pup. I think I will be using som cotton & duck tape to muff it down some.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:31 am

portsider44 wrote:I just bought a recondition TT 65bprs & really like that the beeeper can be turned on & off with the remote.

I can't beleive how loud it is & it concerns me on what kind of hearing damage this could cause on my pup. I think I will be using som cotton & duck tape to muff it down some.
At the start this is a good idea to get your dog used to the beeping. But with the general planning of the beeper TT designed the beeper to funnel all sound away from the dog. So really th gun shot you are making when you shoot your shotgun of at the bird(s) is doing more harm then the beeper is. The only way to tell is to find somone who has never used a beeper and see how long it has taken for their dog(s) to go def. Then take somone who has used the beeper and se how long it has taken for their dog to go def.

That is the only way to tell how much damage the beeper is really doing.

But using the beeper myself I have seen with my setter she never once was scared of the beeper she just wanted to hunt birds.

gusto

Post by gusto » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:47 pm

Ha dsome serious problems with the Dogtra 2000 this year, 1 collar quit working and now the trans just went. The unit is only 2 years old with minimal use year round. On the bright side Sportdog seems to make a great collar for the money IMO. As for the beeper collar, it gets old pretty fast, real annoying. I ended up going with a bell, and it will save you money.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:05 pm

only thing i like a beeper for is to locate my dog...or go on when on point only.
I dislike listening to beep beep beep beep or tingle tingle tingle all the time while hunting about it gets annoying after a while.

Also I have heard some hunters say the quail get beeper wise ..
Interesting thought Though I could not say for certain that is does or doesn't

Sport dog is suppose to be bringing out there new beeper this june ...they had a promo of it at the shot show..liked the ability to move it from on collar to another feature...will be interesting to check it out...I know they were trying to get all the bugs out before it hit the market
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:30 pm

I have noticed this "beeper wise" in the huns here. So i leave the beeper off when I am out for huns and throw a bell on.