Puppy Chow

RatDog

Puppy Chow

Post by RatDog » Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:27 pm

Last week I took my dog in for her second round of shots and de-wormer. Doc asked what I am feeding her and I told her PPP 30/20. Been doing that because it’s what the breeder was giving her and it’s what I fed my last dog. She said I should probably do a purina puppy food for the first year because pro plan has too much calcium and can cause growth issues from growing too fast? I just bought like an 80# bag of the original food so I’m inclined to keep feeding her that at least until I use it up? Any thoughts?

deseeker

Re: Puppy Chow

Post by deseeker » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:58 pm

PPP 30/20 is an all life stage food--it will work for dogs of all ages. I've used it for dogs of all ages and never had a problem. Edit--I looked up the nutrtion on PPP30/20 sport chicken & rice and the nutrition on PPP 30/20 PUPPY chicken & rice --both labels say 1.1% calcium.

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:48 pm

As stated, it is an “all” life stages feed. I and most every breeder, field trialer or pro trainer I know have never had a problem feeding it to pups, actually quite the contrary. She is absolutely correct that you don’t want your pup to grow too fast, so don’t let it get fat through portion management. Feed it with confidence.

Garrison
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
- Mark Twain-

RatDog

Post by RatDog » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:03 am

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk