Glycocharge preparation

Mosby

Glycocharge preparation

Post by Mosby » Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:53 pm

For those that use Glycocharge for their dogs, can you prepare it in advance for the week or are you supposed to prepare it daily?

I am using it for the first time this year and mixed it daily on hunts but its only a matter of time before I spill the powder somewhere and its expensive. It also mixes better with warm water and that isn't happening in the back of my truck in freezing temps.

I was thinking about mixing up a few gallons in a large jug and having one jug of plain water and another with glycocharge for the week. I like being organized and the colder it gets the less I want to be screwing around with water and mixing.

I thought I read something last year that said not to have it sitting around for days and don't serve in metal bowls but I can't find it now.

If I can't find more information, I am going to contact Annamaet but thought I would ask here first. Thanks.

mask

Re: Glycocharge preparation

Post by mask » Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:46 pm

I have just sprinkled it dry over their kibble or put a little canned on top of kibble and then sprinkled. This works for me and perhaps will help you. Happy Holidays.

Mosby

Post by Mosby » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:17 pm

I have just sprinkled it dry over their kibble or put a little canned on top of kibble and then sprinkled. This works for me and perhaps will help you. Happy Holidays.
[/quote]

I thought about that but I normally just give them water when we get back to the truck and put them up for the day. I normally don't feed them dinner until I get back to camp or the hotel, so I don't have to carry as much stuff in and out of my truck. I sent some questions to Annamaet about prepration and I will see what they say and go from there. Thanks.

weimdogman

Post by weimdogman » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:54 pm

It's redneck but your engine produces enough heat to warm water.
Also 12v coffee pots plug into cigarette lighter.

Mosby

Post by Mosby » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:33 pm

weimdogman wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:54 pm
It's redneck but your engine produces enough heat to warm water.
Also 12v coffee pots plug into cigarette lighter.
I am all about redneck :lol: I have an electric lunch box that plugs into the lighter that is popular with truckers that is great to heat things up while I am driving around on hunting trips. I put burrito's, hot pockets etc., in it and is great when I am out by myself and want something hot and don't want to drive back to town. Wrap a few up in foil and it takes about an hour.

IMO Glycocharge mixes better with hot water and I have thought about somehow using my lunch box to heat it up or just bring a thermos full of hot water to mix it on the tailgate but were on the same page. I would rather mix up a 2.5 gallon jug of water/glycocharge and leaving it in the back of the truck but I am not sure you are supposed to mix up larger batches and let it sit. I would rather mix up a jug in advance of a trip and be good for the week but I haven't found anyone admitting to doing that or why you can't. I sent Annamaet an email and asked about it.

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:06 pm

Never tried any of the name brand stuff. I bought a container of maltodextrin and only use it on multi-day trips. I mix it up with warm water in the morning and put it in a gallon jug, when I pull a dog for the day, I fill a bowl and bait it with a bit of kibble before I put them up.

Garrison
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
- Mark Twain-

Mosby

Post by Mosby » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:25 pm

Garrison wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:06 pm
Never tried any of the name brand stuff. I bought a container of maltodextrin and only use it on multi-day trips. I mix it up with warm water in the morning and put it in a gallon jug, when I pull a dog for the day, I fill a bowl and bait it with a bit of kibble before I put them up.

Garrison
That might be what I end doing. Thanks.