CBD/Hemp Extract

Dakotazeb

CBD/Hemp Extract

Post by Dakotazeb » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:23 pm

I was wondering if anyone has tried giving their dog any form of Hemp Extract (CBD)? I have a Brittany with allergies and was thinking of giving her some Hemp oil to see if it would help.
Janee's August Breeze - Bree
http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigree. ... erations=5

NSTRA Champion Godfather's Dakota Elle 2008-2016
https://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigree ... erations=5

CDN_Cocker

Re: CBD/Hemp Extract

Post by CDN_Cocker » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:10 pm

I have given it to my dog since it's been legal up here for some time and even before that was easy to get. I was hoping for it to calm him a bit since he's very high strung. While it doesn't do that I do notice it really helps him recover from hard hunting. He doesn't get soreand bounces back quickly. I would definitely try it. U have nothing to lose. It's all natural.
Cass
"If you train a young dog for momentum, precision will arrive. If you train for precision, demanding perfection, momentum will depart." - Rex Carr

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:58 pm

I was watching one of my favourite vet shows - Dr Jeff- who has just recovered from cancer. He said it was the CBD oil that relieved his pain. He now recommends the oil to dogs in pain instead of tramadol ( normal dog pain reliever recommended).
I'm going to talk to my vet about it as my old girl suffers from pain. Maybe I'll be her research candidate. :)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

CDN_Cocker

Post by CDN_Cocker » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:36 pm

Sharon probably cheaper to buy online for people than through a vet marketed for dogs. I just buy mine down the road on the Rez... lucky to be 5 mins away from the dispensary capital of the province lol. I'm sure the Ontario Cannabis Store (online store for legal cannabis) has it, although probably more expensive than most dispensaries.
Cass
"If you train a young dog for momentum, precision will arrive. If you train for precision, demanding perfection, momentum will depart." - Rex Carr

adamhi

Post by adamhi » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:11 am

Every dog is unique, and their response to CBD can vary. Your vet can provide guidance on the appropriate dosage and whether it's a suitable option. They can also ensure that there are no potential interactions with any medications or treatments your dog may be currently receiving.
When considering CBD products, it's important to choose reputable brands known for their quality and safety standards. If you're interested in learning more about CBD and its potential benefits for dogs, I came across an informative article that might provide valuable insights: https://www.trythecbd.com/products/delta-9-thc-gummies/. It covers various aspects of CBD for pets, including considerations and potential advantages.

dog dr

Post by dog dr » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:36 am

Just read a continuing education article on this topic. The following is a quote from the article.

"Currently there are no veterinary-licensed cannabis or cannabis-derived medicinal products containing CBD in the Canadian or United States markets, AND these products are not regulated. In 2015, the FDA tested various CBD-containing products marketed to pets. Many of these products did not contain the stated amount of CBD, and included unlabeled THC. Animals placed on high doses of CBD or on products that are not properly labeled and contain THC are more likely to experience adverse events."

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:55 pm

Thank you!! :)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett