GSP Ear Bumps/Rash

PoorMansWrangler

GSP Ear Bumps/Rash

Post by PoorMansWrangler » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:47 am

Hi guys, just got done with a hunt with my yard old GSP. I was giving him a check after we got home, and I noticed these bumps/rash on his right year. Compared to his left ear, it is noticeable. Do you think this is something to worry about (vet) or could this be from running through the brush? Ther are red, and don’t seem to be bothering him, but I don’t want to take any chances. Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PoorMansWrangler

Re: GSP Ear Bumps/Rash

Post by PoorMansWrangler » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:48 am

Correction: first photo is his left ear which seems fine, the other two are his right ear with the bumps/rash

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:54 pm

I am not a vet, but personally I would give a week ? to see if it cleans up.Probably due to running in the bush. After a week or less - if it gets worse / stays the same and not better- I would see the vet. Your decision.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

PoorMansWrangler

Post by PoorMansWrangler » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:48 pm

Luckily it has cleared up already! He had a busy day today!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

reba

Post by reba » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:21 am

Really good to hear you are giving you dog a good physical look after the hunt.

That is the very first thing that should be done to keep your pup healthy and ready for the next hunt. :D