Extra, Extra Large dog boots.....

steingre

Extra, Extra Large dog boots.....

Post by steingre » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:07 pm

I have a 75 lb shorthair; his feet are BIG, but I can get some brands of XL dog boots to fit. I have always preferred Lewis, but their XL won't go over his paw!!

My buddy has a 110 lb Lab, and he has had a devil of a season; the dogs pads are bloody after an hour. Vet says it might have started with licking, and he has tried a cone, sprays, etc. We can't find a commercial boot that will fit this big guy! I made up a set of inner tube boots; they fit, but they are a pain to get on a wriggling dog who lives to hunt! I was wondering if anyone had ever had a dog with EXTRA, EXTRA large feet, and if so, did you ever find a commercially produced dog boot that would fit?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Garrison

Re: Extra, Extra Large dog boots.....

Post by Garrison » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:38 pm

https://www.mtnridge.com/

I used motorcycle inner tube in the past, worked ok but I like this style much better. I ordered boots from this outfit and they work really well. I got the tough boots with grip. They have directions on measuring your dog’s foot to see if they make your size. I keep a set in my vest in case someone blows a pad. If I need to boot up for the day I use a piece of vet wrap and then duct tape over the velcro strap to keep it secured.
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
- Mark Twain-