GSP Puppy Has Little Flaky Bumps

ChasinTails27

GSP Puppy Has Little Flaky Bumps

Post by ChasinTails27 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:50 am

IMG_0471.JPG
IMG_0470.JPG
IMG_0472.JPG
My GSP puppy is 9 1/2 months old now and has started shedding like crazy! I don't know if she is losing her "puppy coat" or what but her coat has also gotten very dry and not as soft and smooth as it used to be. I also recently noticed these little white bumps on her. They are on her knees and elbows but also on her body. She lays in her house (barrel) at times and i didn't know if it could be pressure spots or what. She acts completely normal and doesn't act like anything is bothering her. I feed her Purina Pro Plan Puppy Shredded Chicken and Rice.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

spottebaum1

Re: GSP Puppy Has Little Flaky Bumps

Post by spottebaum1 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:26 pm

I have the same problem with my gsp at 8 months old. My vet originally thought it to be ringworm but after treating it and no change we still don’t know what it is. He assumes it is something fungal and to keep using the ointment. Just curious if anyone else has ever ran into this?

MikeB

Re: GSP Puppy Has Little Flaky Bumps

Post by MikeB » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:26 pm

I would get a second opinion from another vet. Get a skin scraping test done. I am also a huge believer that all dogs can use a top dressing food supplement for great skin and coat. Certainly worth a try for 60 days or more. Show Stopper by K9Products.com

https://www.k9power.com/show-stopper-he ... supplement