Gagging days after eating grass

41magsnub

Gagging days after eating grass

Post by 41magsnub » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:49 am

I think it is possible my dog has cheat grass stuck in her throat. Last weekend on a hike she went crazy on eating grass and later barfed up a huge amount of it. There is some cheatgrass in the area.

Ever since she will randomly gag for a few seconds and try to cough something up but doesn't produce anything. It is not constant, maybe once or twice per hour. She does not seem to have any discomfort, she is eating and exercising normally.

How worried should I be?

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Re: Gagging days after eating grass

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:21 am

41magsnub wrote:I think it is possible my dog has cheat grass stuck in her throat. Last weekend on a hike she went crazy on eating grass and later barfed up a huge amount of it. There is some cheatgrass in the area.

Ever since she will randomly gag for a few seconds and try to cough something up but doesn't produce anything. It is not constant, maybe once or twice per hour. She does not seem to have any discomfort, she is eating and exercising normally.

How worried should I be?
Think I would ask a vet and not someone on the internet.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

41magsnub

Post by 41magsnub » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:50 am

A pleasure as always ezzy. You are a negative influence on this board, you are rude, and combative for the sake of what? Boredom? Senile dementia?

Since you seem to be in charge and this is the direction things are going... see ya. Have fun in your ghost town of a community. You really should at a minimum hang up the moderator hat before you do much more damage.

dog dr

Post by dog dr » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:00 pm

Actually, what ezzy told you is the best advice you could ever get in regards to a dog health question. Especially with something as serious as a grass awn, which is what you said you were worried about. All the dog experience in the world is rarely a substitute for a trained professional being able to see, touch, hear, and sometimes smell your dog. None of those can be done over the internet. IM not saying you need a vet for everything, and im not saying we dont make mistakes sometimes. BUT, without seeing the dog its very tough to make a diagnosis. That being said, sorry to see you go. You will be missing out on a great board, IMHO.

NEhomer

Post by NEhomer » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:49 pm

ezzy's advice is worth what you paid for it; why the personal insult? Just scroll bye if it bugs ya.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:17 pm

NEhomer wrote:ezzy's advice is worth what you paid for it; why the personal insult? Just scroll bye if it bugs ya.

I admit I was abrupt with him but when you have a dog gagging several days after being exposed to a deadly threat and his reaction was to ask people what they thought just threw me and I wanted to tell him to do something NOW if he cared for his dog. Guess he got the message but still didn't understand the seriousness of the situation. Hope it all worked out for him and if he is leaving because of what I said then so be it. If I had it to do over I would do it again.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:01 pm

I think that your answer would have been excepted a little better if you would have accompanied it with your explanation that you just gave. It was plain and simple in your eyes. Obviously it wasn't to him. At least he cared enough to ask the advice of people with more experience.

Hoosierdaddy

Post by Hoosierdaddy » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:21 pm

By my count the dog had been choking and gagging two times an hour for 2 or three days.At my house the dog would have been at the vet/or at least a call to the vet within 24 hours or so,but thats just me.
"a man has got to know his limitations" Clint Eastwood

Chicago Blackhawks Six Time Stanley Cup Champions

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013 2015