Small hard lump on shoulder

sandhillsgsp

Small hard lump on shoulder

Post by sandhillsgsp » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:07 pm

After picking up my GSP last week from the kennel she was at over the holidays ( not really a kennel, but a friend who is an excellent trainer and boards dogs) I noticed a small pea sized lump in the muscle on her left shoulder. It is at the top of the leg and feels like its in the muscle tissue but at the surface of the muscle. It is not moveable and does not appear to bother her when I press on it or try to move it. It hasn't changed size the past week. I plan on watching it for another week and if it doesn't appear to be going away I'll get it checked. Thoughts?

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: Small hard lump on shoulder

Post by Sharon » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:16 pm

Not moveable would concern me , but I'm not a vet
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Cicada

Post by Cicada » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:47 pm

Micro Chip? they can move around.

Grant

sandhillsgsp

Post by sandhillsgsp » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:15 am

Nope. No chip there.

What would be the difference between a movable vs non-moveable lump?

DudeRN

Post by DudeRN » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:22 pm

if it is moveable it is probably in the subcutaneous tissue/skin, and probably a fatty tumor or something minor like that, possibly a pimple or other skin irritation, although you said it isn't painful. if it is non-moveable, it is something in the muscle/bone. could be due to an injury, could be something more serious. you probably should get it checked out. if it gets larger, painful, erupts, starts draining fluid, etc and the dog starts acting sick of course you want to see a vet right away.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:38 pm

Well said.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett