Bumps and a couple scabs

lukeoslavia

Bumps and a couple scabs

Post by lukeoslavia » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:31 pm

My gsp pup is now 5 months old and had his last set of vaccines on july 10. On the 18th I finally got to take him out on a trail and he played in the creek and then when we got home I gave him a bath using oatmeal shampoo. A couple days ago i noticed a couple of bumps on him, then yesterday a couple went away and new ones appeared and i also found a long scab along his side plus a tiny one on his leg. Today there are only about 4-5 bumps left and the scabs. I am wondering if I should worry about this and take him to the vet or is this a common thing?

I would be happy to send pictures or any other info you need.

SubMariner

Re: Bumps and a couple scabs

Post by SubMariner » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:00 am

lukeoslavia wrote:My gsp pup is now 5 months old and had his last set of vaccines on july 10. On the 18th I finally got to take him out on a trail and he played in the creek and then when we got home I gave him a bath using oatmeal shampoo. A couple days ago i noticed a couple of bumps on him, then yesterday a couple went away and new ones appeared and i also found a long scab along his side plus a tiny one on his leg. Today there are only about 4-5 bumps left and the scabs. I am wondering if I should worry about this and take him to the vet or is this a common thing?

I would be happy to send pictures or any other info you need.
I have lost count of the number of scrapes, bumps, cuts, etc., etc., etc., our guys get running in the field. It just happens during the course of being out where there are things to be bitten by or scratched. If he is healing properly, don't sweat it.

However, if you are now taking him out "in the wild" see what options area available to keep him safe from ticks, fleas, & mosquitoes. We use K9 Advantix II on our guys, but they are all adults. Check with your vet to see what is safe for your puppy.

Pax,
=SubMariner=
No matter where you go, there you are!

deke

Post by deke » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:18 am

Everytime I take my dogs out into the woods they end up scratched and cut up. Its all good as long as pup heals up normal. Watch for big cuts and anything embedded in the tissue.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:55 pm

Anytime you let that dog off the leash in the woods etc., many different things can happen. I won't name them . Prepare yourself for that. Consider a first aid kit.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett