For You GMO Defenders

Del Lolo

For You GMO Defenders

Post by Del Lolo » Mon May 19, 2014 12:46 pm

I just ran across this on another site
Does the dog food that you are feeding contain Pork or Corn (or Soy) that is guaranteed GMO (GE) free ?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Story at-a-glance

One of the best studies ever done to document the dangers of GM foods found that overall, inflammation levels were 2.6 times higher in GE-fed pigs than those fed a non-GE diet, and male pigs fared worse than the females
Most pigs raised in the US are fed a genetically engineered (GE) diet; typically a mixture of GE soy and corn. Recent research shows that such a diet causes severe inflammation in the pig’s stomach .

While sows were 2.2 times more likely to have severe stomach inflammation on a GE diet, male pigs were four times more likely to get severe stomach inflammation.

The GE diet tested simulated that consumed by a typical American, who will be exposed to a variety of different GE crops through their daily diet, not just one specific one at a time
Besides the hurdle of obtaining the GE seeds for testing, protected as they are by rigid patent laws, researchers who venture into GMO research must also be prepared to survive the personal and professional abuse.

You can check the references at the bottom of this link page :
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... =524454292

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Mon May 19, 2014 1:29 pm

The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

Del Lolo

Re:

Post by Del Lolo » Mon May 19, 2014 1:37 pm

Mercola DID NOT do the research. The Veterinarian portion of mercola ONLY presented the findings.

Did you even look at the References at the bottom of the page --- are they on the bogus "Quakcwatch" as well :?:

Get real or go away.

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Re: For You GMO Defenders

Post by Mountaineer » Mon May 19, 2014 1:49 pm

Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves....Eric Hoffer

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon May 19, 2014 2:03 pm

Look at the companies who are fighting it and practically everyone of them are on the organic kick. We already know what and why they are taking issue with progress. Like, as what has been stated before, what you read on the internet is whatever you want to read, but has little to do with fact. Can't you just see all of the swine producer's lining up to use a product that causes illness and death in there source of livelihood. Makes a lot of sense, don't you think Del Lolo?

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Mon May 19, 2014 2:47 pm

What nonsense, we have had genetically modified foods since Mendel taught us in the mid-1800's. There is nothing inherently evil about GMO's, some are good for animals some are not. It is like saying all natural growing plants are good for you. Please pass the hemlock, yummy.

It is the total lack of knowledge that bothers me. I have yet to meet an anti- GMO that could explain what it really is they are against.

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Mon May 19, 2014 3:27 pm

Here's a good read..... People all thru the ages have held the same belief about great leaps in technology and knowledge. Its human nature....but now we can link liberalism and evil successful companies. Nobody deserves to be so successful unless everyone is.....

http://m.newyorker.com/online/blogs/ele ... santo.html
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

For You GMO Defenders

Post by ACooper » Mon May 19, 2014 6:19 pm

I wouldn't use swine as an example, they're currently loosing 25% of their piglets to disease that's compounded by the way most factory swine are housed.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Re:

Post by Neil » Mon May 19, 2014 6:44 pm

birddog1968 wrote:Here's a good read..... People all thru the ages have held the same belief about great leaps in technology and knowledge. Its human nature....but now we can link liberalism and evil successful companies. Nobody deserves to be so successful unless everyone is.....

http://m.newyorker.com/online/blogs/ele ... santo.html
Thank you, it was excellent.

Del Lolo

Post by Del Lolo » Mon May 19, 2014 7:03 pm

Neil wrote:What nonsense, we have had genetically modified foods since Mendel taught us in the mid-1800's.
Do you actually think that crossbreeding Red and White Sweetpeas is the same as a Genetically Modified Organism :roll: You know, where squid genes are spliced into cat genes so that they can glow in the dark :roll:

Head in the sand regards,

Del Lolo
Last edited by Del Lolo on Mon May 19, 2014 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Del Lolo

Post by Del Lolo » Mon May 19, 2014 7:04 pm

ezzy333 wrote: Makes a lot of sense, don't you think Del Lolo?

Ezzy
I guess you didn't look at the credentials of the references either did ya ?

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon May 19, 2014 7:36 pm

I looked at them and also read what they said. They were being honest when they said they didn't know. That is what they have said over the years this has been going on. I also looked at your credentials and saw where you were laughing really hard when someone said that there was a difference between retrievers and pointers and the training was different because of it. I didn't hear anymore laughing though when every one agreed with that fact. Another case, where actually doing it has produced the same reaction from the people involved. I would suggest you contact Doc E and see where to go from here.

Ezzy

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Mon May 19, 2014 7:39 pm

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Mon May 19, 2014 7:51 pm

Del Lolo wrote:
Neil wrote:What nonsense, we have had genetically modified foods since Mendel taught us in the mid-1800's.
Do you actually think that crossbreeding Red and White Sweetpeas is the same as a Genetically Modified Organism :roll: You know, where squid genes are spliced into cat genes so that they can glow in the dark :roll:

Del Lolo
Since I do think GMO is simply a better way of continuing Mendel's work and am certain that no one is crossing cat genes with corn, perhaps you will share in your own words (please no more biased, meaningless links) the evils of GMO's?

If you can't make your point in a well written paragraph it shows a lack of understanding. So please give me facts.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon May 19, 2014 8:05 pm

Neil,

You wouldn't believe the amount of dollars spent testing these products before they were ever brought to market. The tests that I am aware of showed absolutely no difference in the product. If there had been the companies would not have thrown more money at it with no chance to recoup the millions of dollars they have spent. I never bothered to study what other companies found but I am sure they all came up with the same conclusion. And you are right, we have been eating genetic modified food for years. Do you think that is why we are living longer and better looking than our ancestors? :roll:

Gooseman07

For You GMO Defenders

Post by Gooseman07 » Mon May 19, 2014 8:08 pm

Del Lolo wrote:

Del Lolo
It actually sounds exactly like the same thing being done in a GMO breeding program!!

Monsanto is making great strides to be able to grow enough food through crop yield by 2050 on half the acres of today. This is being done through cross breeding genetics, the same genetics that make up your body, just in a different pattern. They are also doing many many outreach projects around the globe to assist people in need.

I think that you need to do a little more qualified research about something before your jump on the wagon.

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Mon May 19, 2014 8:17 pm

The anti monsanto crowd lost their rats with tumors study and are hunting hard for a new rallying point.....but both supposed scientific studies are junk.....

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

Luminary Setters

For You GMO Defenders

Post by Luminary Setters » Mon May 19, 2014 8:26 pm

I train for several doctors and a retired research scientist from a large pharmaceutical. They are conservative, not liberal, and they are concerned about the long term effects of GMO food sources.

I would guess the makers of thalidomide thought it was safe as well. Only time will tell with GMO's.
Hunter Payne

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon May 19, 2014 8:26 pm

Monsanto is just the latest company to be the target of people with a liberal mindset. Just a couple of years ago it was Walmart, and then Chick-fil-A and now Monsanto ever since Monsanto won the court case over the use of their seed. They always need someone to rally against to help them to feel good about themselves and to keep themselves focused on a single issue. Just think about Big Oil, assault rifles, war on women, the Koch Bros. and a thousand other issues.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Mon May 19, 2014 8:42 pm

Just my simple esponse to the OP..... :roll: :roll:

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Mon May 19, 2014 8:43 pm

Check out some of the organizations stands in this article http://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/2 ... 3rARD8pDFo

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Mon May 19, 2014 9:12 pm

Luminary Setters wrote:I train for several doctors and a retired research scientist from a large pharmaceutical. They are conservative, not liberal, and they are concerned about the long term effects of GMO food sources.

I would guess the makers of thalidomide thought it was safe as well. Only time will tell with GMO's.
They should be concerned, we all should, there could be some ill effects in some genetically modified foods - SOME. Those effects could come from the field (nature) or the lab. It is when you lump them altogether as being harmful that is not supported by fact.

My son is a liberal scientist who works for Heifer International (the NGO that teaches sustainable farming) and he is a firm believer in well researched and tested GMO'S. They will save millions from starvation, it is that simple.

Del Lolo

Post by Del Lolo » Tue May 20, 2014 7:49 am

ezzy333 wrote: Can't you just see all of the swine producer's lining up to use a product that causes illness and death in there source of livelihood. Makes a lot of sense, don't you think Del Lolo?

Ezzy
Using your statement as an example along with the following quote, I too would ask, "
I wouldn't use swine as an example, they're currently loosing 25% of their piglets to disease that's compounded by the way most factory swine are housed.

Can't you just see all of the swine producer's lining up to use a product (or practice animal husbandry practices) that causes illness and death in there source of livelihood. Makes a lot of sense, don't you think ezzy?

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Tue May 20, 2014 8:15 am

Your science sources are junk delolo....you know it, the people who preformed it know it, and a jury of real scientists know it....and you probably know zip about pig production and the politics behind it, due to the constant attacks by another group of bozos who know zip....the AR wackaloons.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Tue May 20, 2014 12:06 pm

Del Lolo wrote:
ezzy333 wrote: Can't you just see all of the swine producer's lining up to use a product that causes illness and death in there source of livelihood. Makes a lot of sense, don't you think Del Lolo?

Ezzy
Using your statement as an example along with the following quote, I too would ask, "

Can't you just see all of the swine producer's lining up to use a product (or practice animal husbandry practices) that causes illness and death in there source of livelihood. Makes a lot of sense, don't you think ezzy?
This one doesn't even deserve an answer.

MonsterDad

Post by MonsterDad » Tue May 20, 2014 3:08 pm

Luminary Setters wrote:I train for several doctors and a retired research scientist from a large pharmaceutical. They are conservative, not liberal, and they are concerned about the long term effects of GMO food sources.

You have to be careful what you call Genetic Engineering. I am all for making tomatoes sweeter and ones that mature earlier in the season. If it is faster to Genetically Engineer rather than hybridize the old fashion way, then that is fine with me in this case. Pink Pineapples, good idea too.

But......corn and soy that make their own pesticide? Nooooooo, BT Toxin for me.

This stuff is showing up in ground water now and in umbilical blood samples.

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Tue May 20, 2014 3:28 pm

BT "chemicals" have been sprayed on row crops since the 20's .....of course they are "showing" up, they are naturally occurring in the soil......Ge crops with BT are a much more conservative and responsible way to apply these natural insecticides....which by the way are used in organic agriculture.

This is the problem with the people who argue about GE crops, they tend to be clueless about agriculture past and present. In fact GE crops have vastly reduced insecticide and herbicide use. Nothing new here except companies improving farming and the environment with technology.

In fact you could hybridize resistance to herbicide or pests but it would take decades if not 100 years modern science can do it in a single decade....same result. GM crops are the most highly tested and scrutinized food products on the planet. Which is as it should be.

Little info on BT

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacillus_thuringiensis

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

claybuster_aa

Post by claybuster_aa » Tue May 20, 2014 6:09 pm

slide_252445_1562227_free.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A good bird dog is always the right color

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Tue May 20, 2014 7:15 pm

LOL..... People thought a bath would kill them too :D

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

Del Lolo

Post by Del Lolo » Tue May 20, 2014 8:02 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
Del Lolo wrote:

Ezzy
I wouldn't use swine as an example, they're currently loosing 25% of their piglets to disease that's compounded by the way most factory swine are housed.[/i]

This one doesn't even deserve an answer.

So you can't defend YOUR OWN statement ---------- How VERY typical of you.

YOU said it, I didn't -- I'm just using YOUR statement to justify my point(s).

Were you a Lawyer in a past life ?

Sometimes you are pretty pathetic.
Last edited by Del Lolo on Wed May 21, 2014 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Tue May 20, 2014 9:39 pm

Why don't we stick to the subject you started.....and why are we deniers? Me thinks the side with no sound science are the ones in denial.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

MonsterDad

Re:

Post by MonsterDad » Wed May 21, 2014 3:56 am

birddog1968 wrote:BT "chemicals" have been sprayed on row crops since the 20's .....of course they are "showing" up, they are naturally occurring in the soil......Ge crops with BT are a much more conservative and responsible way to apply these natural insecticides....which by the way are used in organic agriculture.

This is the problem with the people who argue about GE crops, they tend to be clueless about agriculture past and present. In fact GE crops have vastly reduced insecticide and herbicide use. Nothing new here except companies improving farming and the environment with technology.

In fact you could hybridize resistance to herbicide or pests but it would take decades if not 100 years modern science can do it in a single decade....same result. GM crops are the most highly tested and scrutinized food products on the planet. Which is as it should be.

Little info on BT

Show us all these tests. I think you will find that all these tests are nothing more than corporate propaganda. GMO Crops are not tested much at all.

I like your statement about all the clueless opponents but I have found most proponents of GMO crops are just rednecks.

Gooseman07

For You GMO Defenders

Post by Gooseman07 » Wed May 21, 2014 4:40 am

MonsterDad wrote: Show us all these tests. I think you will find that all these tests are nothing more than corporate propaganda. GMO Crops are not tested much at all.

I like your statement about all the clueless opponents but I have found most proponents of GMO crops are just rednecks.
What research or knowledge do you have about GMO testing? I'm pretty sure that this is half if not more of my job. I haven't looked at exact numbers because I just do it when the time comes.

I don't think I would use the name "rednecks." I like the name "educated agriculturist."

claybuster_aa

Post by claybuster_aa » Wed May 21, 2014 7:04 am

I'm not a big fan of GM foods to be honest with you. I really don't eat much corn these days and would rather avoid it if possible. I also try to avoid the derivatives of like HFCS. A friend of mine just commented on Facebook he was had a bottle of Coke from Mexico and it was the best Coke he had tasted in a long time. Reason: The Coke was made with real sugar, not HFCS. Not much of an issue for me because I got off the soda awhile ago and now mostly drink unsweetened ice tea. I would prefer to have my wife shop for beef labeled grass fed as opposed to the non-labeled which is most likely grain fed corn. Same thing with poultry, I would rather eat free range as opposed to mass produced shed with the super grow pellets. It's across the board for me, if I have a glass of milk, I would rather it be hormone free milk. I'm sure there is a lot of deception in advertising, and companies probably promote natural, organic, hormone free, etc., in hopes for sales when the know darn well it's probably not. Sadly, this is probably one of those things now where there is no escape and in hopes to avoid something is probably an impossibility being the widespread usage throughout the agricultural industry.

I think the best way to eat would be with God's given foods and not something that has been altered by a lab or by corporations whom interest would be self serving and profit motivate (along with total control).
A good bird dog is always the right color

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Wed May 21, 2014 7:20 am

A little off track, but you can get Kosher Coke if you're fast enough - it flies off the shelves, usually. Look for it before/around Passover.

It's made with real sugar rather than grain products.

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Wed May 21, 2014 7:46 am

MonsterDad wrote:
birddog1968 wrote:BT "chemicals" have been sprayed on row crops since the 20's .....of course they are "showing" up, they are naturally occurring in the soil......Ge crops with BT are a much more conservative and responsible way to apply these natural insecticides....which by the way are used in organic agriculture.

Little info on BT

Show us all these tests. I think you will find that all these tests are nothing more than corporate propaganda. GMO Crops are not tested much at all.

Ignorant statements like this show where you come from and don't require any answer, this is exactly the liberal "I have no valid points to debate so I'll resort to insults" mindset. I imagine u and delolo are also Peta and hsus loving city boys as well.

There are 1000's of independently funded, peer reviewed studies...go find them ....if you can wade thru your dark aged hate filled liberal friends links about fear mongering with no scientific evidence.

BT IS NOT NEW....WHERE WERE ALL THESE LIBERALS BACK THEN.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed May 21, 2014 7:55 am

BT is a natural insecticide that has been recommended for garden use for years because it has little effect on anything but insects. I would have to look at the MSDS but there is little time between application and consumption. It is a natural occurring insecticide. Been used for years.

Ezzy

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Wed May 21, 2014 7:59 am

Being a nice redneck I'll provide this link again which includes many links to independent studies..... Use it. If they all aren't rednecks too.

http://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/2 ... 3rARD8pDFo

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

Del Lolo

Post by Del Lolo » Wed May 21, 2014 8:09 am

ezzy,
just in case you missed this in my post above.

Del Lolo wrote: So you can't defend YOUR OWN statement ---------- How VERY typical of you.

YOU said it, I didn't -- I'm just using YOUR statement to justify my point(s).

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Wed May 21, 2014 9:06 pm

Still waiting for a personal statement of the harm caused by GMO's.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed May 21, 2014 9:46 pm

Del Lolo decided he would take a couple of weeks off and hopefully he can get back to the dogs instead of trying so hard to get into arguments with everyone.

Ezzy

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Wed May 21, 2014 10:40 pm

ezzy333 wrote:Del Lolo decided he would take a couple of weeks off and hopefully he can get back to the dogs instead of trying so hard to get into arguments with everyone.

Ezzy
Thank you.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Post by mountaindogs » Wed May 21, 2014 10:55 pm

Neil wrote:Still waiting for a personal statement of the harm caused by GMO's.
This argument could be reversed. Show me a double blind long term multi generation study of safety for BT toxin producing GMOs( not funded by Monsanto or comparable company would be particularly useful.)

Do you assume safe until proven harmful or maintain caution until proven safe?

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Thu May 22, 2014 5:00 am

As stated BT has been around since turn of the century 1900 and wide spread use since the 50's .....why only now when a much more conservative amount is used as in GE Corn is it now so dangerous? History is your multi generational study. It ,BT , being used for many decades has been proven to only effect certain insects.

I posted links to sources with many studies independently funded, the american cancer society and other well respected independent orgs both here and abroad say its safe as well.....yet all is ignored

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Re:

Post by ezzy333 » Thu May 22, 2014 6:01 am

birddog1968 wrote:As stated BT has been around since turn of the century 1900 and wide spread use since the 50's .....why only now when a much more conservative amount is used as in GE Corn is it now so dangerous? History is your multi generational study. It ,BT , being used for many decades has been proven to only effect certain insects.

I posted links to sources with many studies independently funded, the american cancer society and other well respected independent orgs both here and abroad say its safe as well.....yet all is ignored

Plus the millions of dollars that Monsanto and every other company has to spend to prove a new product is safe before bringing it to market. I would like to have some one explain where this theory started that companies that depend on all of us to buy there products are trying so hard to kill us? I spent too much time working in those areas to have someone tell me that everyone is trying to kill everyone else and that they look forward to spends millions more paying off the lawsuits that come about if their products are harmful. This is so much like the frivolous suits brought against doctors and other people who dedicate their lives to helping people.

oldbeek

Post by oldbeek » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:15 am

Ever eat a big Arkansas red strawberry ? Good huh! Original pure strawberries were about the size of a little finger nail. ALL big strawberries are GMO. You have been eating GMO for years and didn't even know it.

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:00 am

All that I can say is that I was hired to eradicate Coyotes on a government funded farm and they offered me to take any products off of one side of the farm but said "NO WAY" should I take something off of the other side. This was on a former Military Base.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:55 am

Brazosvalleyvizslas wrote:All that I can say is that I was hired to eradicate Coyotes on a government funded farm and they offered me to take any products off of one side of the farm but said "NO WAY" should I take something off of the other side. This was on a former Military Base.
What connection does this have to GMO.

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:09 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
Brazosvalleyvizslas wrote:All that I can say is that I was hired to eradicate Coyotes on a government funded farm and they offered me to take any products off of one side of the farm but said "NO WAY" should I take something off of the other side. This was on a former Military Base.
What connection does this have to GMO.
HELLO MCFLY. They were Genetically Modifying the plants and wont even eat them for themselves. How does that not apply?

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:44 pm

There are no GMO plants that are put on the market without testing them for safety reasons. And many GMO research tests are not done to plants we eat. But as far as I know the GMO research has been done by seed and chemical companies in an effort to increase yields and to reduce chemical use that can harm the environment. I have no idea what the government would be doing in that area.