Senior Dog Food

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Re: Senior Dog Food

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:21 pm

You see I don't know the whole story so I cant accept this kind of information as scientific evidence. Now do you see where I'm coming from...
Did you ever use this line of reasoning on your opinions.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

big steve46

Post by big steve46 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:48 am

I haven't been on here for quite a while. Doesn't seem much has changed.

When I was a kid, my dad fed his hounds coon carcasses in the winter and hog pellets the rest of the year. They did well, and lived to be old.

To me, it's more convenient and cost effective to use a good dry feed using good observation and common sense in regulating the amount. :)
big steve

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:33 am

Welcome back Steve and with a good common sense post. I would imagine that 99.9 percent of us will agree with you too! 8)

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

Bounty_Hunter

Post by Bounty_Hunter » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:04 pm

birddogger wrote:Welcome back Steve and with a good common sense post. I would imagine that 99.9 percent of us will agree with you too! 8)

Charlie
I doubt it since feeding coon carcasses would not be considered a balanced diet by most in the kibble community. We cant have it both ways Charlie.

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:12 pm

Last edited by birddog1968 on Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:14 pm

Us old Illinois guys are showing our lack of intelligence according to some. I think we wasted our time going to school since what we learned just doesn't add up anymore. Hope your Lew is still alive and fit. I know Charlie's GDP is still able to get around and my two Britt's are getting old but don't seem to know it as they tear around like puppies, even the 10 year old with the remade hip.

Good to see you back.

Ezzy

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

big steve46

Post by big steve46 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:21 pm

ezzy333 wrote:Us old Illinois guys are showing our lack of intelligence according to some. I think we wasted our time going to school since what we learned just doesn't add up anymore. Hope your Lew is still alive and fit. I know Charlie's GDP is still able to get around and my two Britt's are getting old but don't seem to know it as they tear around like puppies, even the 10 year old with the remade hip.

Good to see you back.

Ezzy
My present Llew will be five in a few days. He wants to go much more than I can go. Best regards.
big steve

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:01 pm

Bounty_Hunter wrote:
birddogger wrote:Welcome back Steve and with a good common sense post. I would imagine that 99.9 percent of us will agree with you too! 8)

Charlie
I doubt it since feeding coon carcasses would not be considered a balanced diet by most in the kibble community. We cant have it both ways Charlie.
Nope kibble would be much better! Maybe you should actually read what he said.

Charlie

Bounty_Hunter

Post by Bounty_Hunter » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:21 pm

big steve46 wrote:When I was a kid, my dad fed his hounds coon carcasses in the winter and hog pellets the rest of the year. They did well, and lived to be old
birddogger wrote:Nope kibble would be much better! Maybe you should actually read what he said.Charlie
It depends which quote you were referring to.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:28 pm

Bounty_Hunter wrote:
big steve46 wrote:When I was a kid, my dad fed his hounds coon carcasses in the winter and hog pellets the rest of the year. They did well, and lived to be old
birddogger wrote:Nope kibble would be much better! Maybe you should actually read what he said.Charlie
It depends which quote you were referring to.
I think everybody knows I was referring to Steve's opinion which is not what this quote is. This quote is simply a testimony of what his dad did. Oh and BTW, individual testimony is just individual testimony...nothing more..nothing less.

Charlie

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:13 pm

years ago when I was selling and delivering feed in the mid-west we sold a tremendous amount of Pig Starters feed for dogs. There just wasn't any dog feed being manufactured and sold at that time. That was really the deciding factor of us getting into the dog food manufacturing. Purina was about the only private company that was doing a lot of research and we went to their research facility and saw how they were set up and then developed our own research center plus we worked very closely with the land grant schools and used a lot of their research and knowledge too. And the business really took off from there. We hired two leading nutritionist and between them they spent a lot of time in the field and on the research farm formulating new feeds and testing them before they were ever used in our manufacturing. That was the end of our corn based Pig Starter dog food. but it worked for a lot of years.