Pro Pac

Hunter

Pro Pac

Post by Hunter » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:38 am

Does anyone on here feed Pro Pac dog food? I have been using it for about 3 or 4 months now so basically thru the hard winter and my dogs look good on it, but was just wondering what those thought of it who have fed it longer than me. The dogs look good and the stools are good but this spring will be really the first time I will be running them on it so anxious to see the endurance of them. Feeding both the High Performance 30 - 20 and the Performance puppy ( higher calorie ) and get it at a good price of about $ 26 with tax. Ive fed about anything over the years like Kasco, Diamond, Black Gold, Pzazz and Pro plan, some you cant get anymore and others hard to get or high in price. Just curious as to who has fed it and their thoughts, I don't need a dog food lecture on whats in it compared to others like half these dog food threads have become.
Jerry Alden

2X NGDC/GFC/FC Clk's Point Me The Way ( Allie ) http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=2765

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Re: Pro Pac

Post by RoostersMom » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:28 pm

I feed it to our 11 dogs. The birddogs and the beagles do well on it. I have to feed a bit more of it to the Chessies to keep a bit of fat on them in the winter. Dogs have good stools on it. Jon Hann at Perfection Kennels feeds it to his kennel which is where I found it. I feed the performance puppy to all of our dogs.

fishpond

Post by fishpond » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:34 am

I changed to ProPac mini chunk about 2 years ago when Loyall took 2 significant price jumps back to back.

I feed 3 GSPs.

Coats look really good.

Weight control has been easy by adjusting portions with activity level and temps

CHJIII

Post by CHJIII » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:34 pm

When I used it, I mixed equal parts mini-chunk with performance puppy. Worked our nicely

GSP_LAC

Post by GSP_LAC » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:23 pm

Do y'all buy it locally or online? Looks like the closest store to me that sells it is 15 miles and shipping costs are $30+.

Hunter

Post by Hunter » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:10 am

Local feed store
Jerry Alden

2X NGDC/GFC/FC Clk's Point Me The Way ( Allie ) http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=2765

fishpond

Post by fishpond » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:26 pm

Sporting goods store.

Roger's in Liberty MO