Pad Injury

Petra

Pad Injury

Post by Petra » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:58 am

The injury is wide not deep. NuSkin and super glue does not work because of the width of the injury. It is not bleeding. How do I help it to heal?
Not infected,luckily. Suggestions, please.
Thanks

Gooseman07

Pad Injury

Post by Gooseman07 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:56 am

What I've done in the past is put neosporin on is, but a piece of gauze on the wound then wrap it in vet wrap. This is the stuff that sticks to itself. I usually stand with the dog for a few minutes and if it tries to eat it off, I tell them NO.

Del Lolo

Re: Pad Injury

Post by Del Lolo » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:47 am

Vetericyn. Amazing stuff. www.vetericyn.com/

dog dr

Post by dog dr » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:25 pm

Neosporin and tincture of time. :wink:

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:29 pm

Now that sounds like vet talk. :) Kidding aside , we are VERY fortunate to have a real vet on here.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

NLsetter

Post by NLsetter » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:17 pm

soak in salt water( Epsom salts) twice a day, EMT gel and try and leave it uncovered as much as possible. Keep dog off it as much as possible. My Gordon has had a few nasty pad cuts over the years and this works the best.

SubMariner

Post by SubMariner » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:17 pm

Gooseman07 wrote:What I've done in the past is put neosporin on is, but a piece of gauze on the wound then wrap it in vet wrap. This is the stuff that sticks to itself. I usually stand with the dog for a few minutes and if it tries to eat it off, I tell them NO.
We've done that as well. However, we use PetFlex No Chew because it tastes bad enough so that the dog doesn't try to tear it off: http://www.jefferspet.com/petflex-no-ch ... /cp/AZ-N2/
=SubMariner=
No matter where you go, there you are!

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:29 pm

I haven't found anything yet they won't lick or chew everyone swears by vetericyn but it don't do much good when the dog licks it off as fast as it's applied.Yeah I know about the lamp shade & if they wore one all the time wouldn't need medications.They make any cuts or scratches into sores by licking them.

AG74

Post by AG74 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:56 am

Petra wrote:The injury is wide not deep. NuSkin and super glue does not work because of the width of the injury. It is not bleeding. How do I help it to heal?
Not infected,luckily. Suggestions, please.
Thanks
I foud Pad Heal/Cut Heal to help the healing process, but time of course more than anything. Musher's Secret is a good preventative measure when running in any environment that is hard on a dog's feet (snow/ice, or dry/rocky).