Dog was sick and appetite is off

41magsnub

Dog was sick and appetite is off

Post by 41magsnub » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:52 am

Last Wednesday I took my 15mo GWP swimming in the river. She had a great time.

That night she threw up large quantities of water 4 times and didn't eat her dinner. Didn't want any water either

Thursday no more vomiting but she didn't want to eat her kibble. Fed her chicken and rice which she snarfed down. She was not her normal energetic self though. Drinking water normally

Friday she threw up a little grass and didn't want her breakfast or dinner. Before bed I gave her chicken and rice again. Still subdued. Drinking water normally. Noticed soft stools.

Saturday she seemed better. Didn't eat her breakfast, but we went out and did some training for a couple of hours where she did fine. Finally ate her breakfast at about 3PM. Drinking water normally

Sunday she was subdued again, didn't eat breakfast. Finally ate her breakfast kibble at about 5:30 PM

This morning, she didn't eat breakfast.

We have a vet appointment for shots and a routine check up next Wednesday. How concerned should I be? Should I be moving up that appointment? Normally she is a fairly enthusiastic eater.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: Dog was sick and appetite is off

Post by Sharon » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:16 am

Was there lots of algae in the river?

Sick from last Wed. to today? I'd be moving up the appt.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

41magsnub

Post by 41magsnub » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:24 pm

Now that I go back and read the timeline.... yeah. I called the vet and she had a cancellation at 8AM tomorrow so we are going in then.

There could have been a fair bit of algae, the river was pretty low. There weren't mats of it or anything, but it was a bit of a backwater.

41magsnub

Post by 41magsnub » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:28 pm

She's fine tonight. Ate her dinner right away and is pestering the heck out of me wanting to go for a run.

Still going to the vet in the morning though.