bayer treeand shrub

smittty

bayer treeand shrub

Post by smittty » Wed May 29, 2013 5:22 am

Any one here use this for flea and tick?? if so how much do you use and with what results???

rinker

Re: bayer treeand shrub

Post by rinker » Wed May 29, 2013 7:52 am

Yes, I have been using this for several years. I pull about 8 cc's in to a syringe and just start at the base of the tail and put a line all the way to the back of their neck. I repeat about every six weeks and I see no fleas. It does not help much for ticks. Use the plain tree and shrub insect killer, do not use the formula that has fertilizer.

smittty

Post by smittty » Wed May 29, 2013 10:18 am

thanks for that im gonna give it a try

MonsterDad

Post by MonsterDad » Wed May 29, 2013 11:45 am

Why don't you use diesel fuel. That works too, kills ticks and fleas like nothing else. And a wad of Red Man down the throat is good for worming while you are at it.

A state of the art collar costs $29.99 for 8 months. Even if it lasts 6 months its a good deal.

Is it worth using that product on a dog?

sckwest1

Post by sckwest1 » Thu May 30, 2013 9:36 am

same active ingredient as Advantage. I have used it for years and know several other fanciers that use it as well. I simply pour it into a spray bottle and spray it on. SCK

MonsterDad

Post by MonsterDad » Thu May 30, 2013 9:53 am

Maybe its the same chemical but its not the same amount and that stuff won't kill ticks.

A spray bottle is $12.99 for something that doesn't work on ticks.

I just don't see the value proposition.

rinker

Post by rinker » Thu May 30, 2013 10:33 am

I always have five or more dogs. I paid approximately $15, for a bottle of the Bayer Tree and Shrub about 3 years ago. I have used about a quarter of the bottle and I have no fleas. I'm sure the bottle will go bad before I use it all, but I am getting flea control on 5 or more dogs for a couple of dollars per year.

sckwest1

Post by sckwest1 » Fri May 31, 2013 3:17 pm

it does assist in ticks just not nearly as well as frontline. a spray bottle cost .99 and a large thing or tree and shrub is 17 dollars i believe and will fill the average spray bottle up a couple of times. it is very efficient.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Fri May 31, 2013 8:58 pm

sckwest1 wrote:it does assist in ticks just not nearly as well as frontline. a spray bottle cost .99 and a large thing or tree and shrub is 17 dollars i believe and will fill the average spray bottle up a couple of times. it is very efficient.
Imidacloprid will not do anything for ticks or mites. It is effective only against insects. The active ingredient isn't the issue when using a plant product on an animal - it's the agent the active ingredient is carried in. Advantage is formulated to be nonsystemic and non-irritating. Bayer's ag products are not formulated that way.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

sckwest1

Post by sckwest1 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:27 am

Sometimes in life I believe we over analyze things. All I can tell you is that I have used this stuff for several years and know lots of others that have as well all without any problems! I have fed dog feeds before where the bag as far as % and ingredients didn't seem as good as another feed. However, the dogs looked great on the feed and even better than the feed that was clearly a better feed by reading labels. But what do I know I only fed 25+ dogs for over 25+ years with good results. SCK

nanney1

Post by nanney1 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:03 am

I've used the Ortho tree and shrub. Similar product with the same active ingredient.