Eye discharge - help!

Scott Linden

Eye discharge - help!

Post by Scott Linden » Thu May 09, 2013 10:07 am

I'm out of town, and the boarding kennel just called to tell me Buddy has green discharge coming from both eyes. I've got a call into my vet but would also appreciate any advice from you all. It's allergy season on the high desert ... could it just be hay fever? Thanks.
Follow the hunter with the longest nose!
http://scottlindenoutdoors.com

SubMariner

Re: Eye discharge - help!

Post by SubMariner » Thu May 09, 2013 2:16 pm

Scott Linden wrote:I'm out of town, and the boarding kennel just called to tell me Buddy has green discharge coming from both eyes. I've got a call into my vet but would also appreciate any advice from you all. It's allergy season on the high desert ... could it just be hay fever? Thanks.
About 3 weeks ago both our GSPs came down with eye discharge. At first we thought allergies, as the oldest is prone to them at this time of the year. But when neither of them really responded to antihistamines and the older one (who had the "worse case") wound up with greenish stuff, it was time for the vet.

Had them on antibiotic ointment for about 10 days as well as antihistamines. And the green gunk went away.
=SubMariner=
No matter where you go, there you are!

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Thu May 09, 2013 9:46 pm

green = infection - antibiotic needed
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Ms. Cage

Post by Ms. Cage » Thu May 09, 2013 11:08 pm

We use triple antibiotic with no lanocain. new tube and only used on that dogs eyes.