Hacking gagging brittany

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Hacking gagging brittany

Post by Ruffshooter » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:05 pm

Wondering if you all might have an Idea. Same problem contiuing from a few months ago. Not really changing.

My 7 year old Female spayed brittany hacks or gags like she has an irrataion in her throat or lungs. they did exrays a while back and said her lungs were inflamed. Must be an irratation. So Predizone doses till gone then weaned off it. It came back, they said maybe she is allergic to the straw in her kennel. I removed and we did another dose of Predizone till better. Weaned her off. Replaced hay with pine shavings. She is still doing it. So now I am just giving her the predizone half tablet every other day. It keeps it so it is not severe but she still hacks.

Any Ideas of what it may be.
Thanks
Rick
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Re: Hacking gagging brittany

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:07 pm

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

mrcreole

Post by mrcreole » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:37 am

Heartworm negative?

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:41 am

Thanks,
She has been tested for heart worm. Ng
I will ask the vet about the Collapse.
Rick
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:30 pm

could be a mean seed......grass awn. Very hard to detect i think...

Most vets aren't Savvy about this

read this http://www.meanseeds.com/
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

marysburg

Post by marysburg » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:15 am

It would sure be worth asking about mean seeds. We had a dog with a hacking, gagging cough after hunting in dry grassy cover a lot 2 years ago, and I took a copy of the info on mean seeds with me to the vet. She read through the information and examined the dog and commented that although she had never diagnosed grass awn disease, that didn't mean she had never seen it. I was impressed by her willingness to listen to something new. The problem cleared right up when the treatment protocol was given, and we have not had a problem since. Good luck with your pup, and stick up for your dog at the vet; be persistent to get the right treatment.

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:53 pm

I meant to include this link, even if its not what it is, its a good read. Talks about more than just nocardia BTW.

http://www.meanseeds.com/wp-content/upl ... d-Dogs.pdf
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno