Food for Beagles

BeagleDude

Food for Beagles

Post by BeagleDude » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:38 am

Deleted
Last edited by BeagleDude on Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

big steve46

Re: Food for Beagles

Post by big steve46 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:35 am

Dog feeds have been discussed extensively here, and I would assume feeding a working beagle would be no different than feeding a working birddog. Therefore, what's the cost of the product and a list of the first five ingredients? That's a start for discussion.
big steve

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:04 am

The Redmills Tracker formula doesn't look to have the high protein/fat needed for working Beagles. I would use one of the other formulas. Here is their site.

http://www.redmills.ie/ie/greyhound/products/

big steve46

Post by big steve46 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:50 pm

Each to their own, but I wouldn't want to pay over .85 a lb for their best feed. I assume it may cost a wee bit more since it's imported from Ireland.

I guess if you are Irish and have plenty of money, go for it. I'll stay with American feeds that are likely superior. 8) :wink:
big steve

B&BWeims

Post by B&BWeims » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:15 pm

Back to Basics, Orijen, Acana, Timberwolf Organics - Grain Free, Merrick - Grain Free, Sojos and The Honest Kitchen are all great foods

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:28 pm

And Diamond, Loyall, Tuffy's, Sportsmix, Pro Plan, and a thousand others. One of the things I always look for in a performance feed is corn. Nothing better to provide a balanced energy for a working dog. Oh and with these you will have enough change left in your pocket to get an ice cream cone on the way home.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:34 pm

big steve46 wrote:Each to their own, but I wouldn't want to pay over .85 a lb for their best feed. I assume it may cost a wee bit more since it's imported from Ireland.

I guess if you are Irish and have plenty of money, go for it. I'll stay with American feeds that are likely superior. 8) :wink:
:wink: :D
Back to Basics, Orijen, Acana, Timberwolf Organics - Grain Free, Merrick - Grain Free, Sojos and The Honest Kitchen are all great foods
:roll: :roll:

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way