Diamond dog food

Birddogz

Diamond dog food

Post by Birddogz » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:01 pm

I have always fed PPlan, but got a really good deal on some Diamond performance. The ingredients look good. I bought 4 bags.
Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

Onk

Re: Diamond dog food

Post by Onk » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:42 pm

There is a post listed under ( Diamond Food) that has alot of good info. Hope this helps, I am going to feed Diamond to my new pup when I get it in Feb.! Was going to feed the EA but went with the Hi Energy since my feed store doesnt care the EA.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=3600

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." -George Bird Evans " Troubles with Bird Dogs"

kensfishing

Post by kensfishing » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:55 pm

Unless you plan on running your dog year round, feed the Hi Energy. The Extreme is a little rich and become a problem. I feed the Hi Energy to all my trial dogs except when either running really hard or hunting everyday.

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:12 pm

My dogs waste more of the Hi Energy than they eat. They root through it and slop it all over the ground. I don't think they like the taste of it. They eat the other food I buy for them just fine. The price of the Hi Energy keeps going up and up at my local tractor supply as well. I usually feed the Hi Energy Retriever brand food or some Hi Energy food I get from my local feed store. Dogs eat the heck out of it and they stay in excellent shape on it.

rapid fire

Post by rapid fire » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:02 am

My dogs didn't do well on the Diamond, but I am using a Retriever Brand from Tractor Supply, which I believe is made by Diamond, and they are doing great. Only $21 / 50 lb bag.

live4point

Post by live4point » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:43 am

I have fed Diamond Premium Adult for at least 12 years to pups and adults alike and they have all done really well on it.Tried the Hi-energy and the maintence and got larger softer stools,more mess to clean up.The Premium adult[green bag] is a 26/18 formula,I can't see a bird dog ever needing any more than that.

Birddogz

Post by Birddogz » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:51 am

I bought the extreme athlete. That really has some calories to it.
Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

bowhunter1221975

Post by bowhunter1221975 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:04 am

i used to feed diamond and found that the dogs ate it well but stols were soft and lots of it they would eat and crap in five min i switched to feed from my local feed store and much better and cheaper to boot
RICHARD NANCE

Ryman Gun Dog

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:23 am

Gentlemen,
I feed Diamond Large Breed Plus 60 mixed in with the Exceed and a little Deer meat during the season. I have some very health dogs that usually live to very old age.
Nothing wrong with Diamond Large Breed in fact it has all the goodies hunting dogs need. The Performance is decent stuff also.

RGD/Dave