My dog urinating too much

alicefred

My dog urinating too much

Post by alicefred » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:32 am

For some reason my female dog is urinating 4 or 5 times when she go out with me. I have noticed nothing comes out after 2nd time, but she squats and try to urinate. A friend of mine told me that my dog has UTI (Urinary Tract Infection). I have busy schedule so I have decided to visit the vet this weekend. Just wondering what can I do until then? If you know of any effective home remedies, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

jlp8cornell

Re: My dog urinating too much

Post by jlp8cornell » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:58 am

Sounds like your dog has a UTI. She needs to be on antibiotics to clear the infection. You really should make an attempt to get her into the vet ASAP. Left untreated, her situation could progressively become worse. Also, it really is not fair to your dog to put off treatment for 4 more days.

MTO4Life

Post by MTO4Life » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:45 pm

Is she coming into heat? Just before girl goes into heat, she will do that (maybe a week leading up to it). Then, it's back to normal until the next heat rolls around. The vet told me that this isn't unusual. This is just what I've observed with my dog. I definately wouldn't rule out an UTI, that is what the vet can tell you.

gwgdog66

Post by gwgdog66 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:12 pm

Those were the sign's when my female and my male had UTI's. The female was just over 1 year and the male was almost 2 when they got them.

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:00 pm

my dog is doing the same thing so I made an appointment for today... And skipped work. She has had it before I think from being kenelled to long maybe (in a crate).