missing topic

bigbyrd97

missing topic

Post by bigbyrd97 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:52 pm

There was a topic on the morning after shot, did we lose that topic when the server went down? Would like to know if shot is dangerous to the dog, my vet said(well one of the girls who work the front desk) said it could lead to side affects and possibly make it so the dog is can't have puppies anymore. Is this true. Is it dangerous for the dog? What are the side affects?

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:17 pm

the side effect is that the dogs cervix is open longer than normal because there are two heat cycles, and this can lead to a risk of uterine infection. if not caught and treated, that in turn can lead to sterility. the moral of the story being to watch the dog for signs of infection and have it checked.

bigbyrd97

Post by bigbyrd97 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:21 pm

I knew about the second heat cycle and chance of uterine infection, but I got the impression that there may have been other side effects that may kill her. You know, I may have taken what she said the wrong way, thats why I asked the question. I figured most of the breeders on this forum would know a heck of alot more about this than me.