Beat up tail

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Beat up tail

Post by Sharon » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:05 am

What do you do to heal the tail?
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Ditch__Parrot

Re: Beat up tail

Post by Ditch__Parrot » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:21 am

Bob It :twisted: :twisted:

Sorry Sharon couldn't resist. I've never done anything more than clean it and put some EMT Gel on it.

twofeathers

Post by twofeathers » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:17 am

Blue coat, they sell it at thiesens. Worked well for beagles and they can get tore up!

kylenicholas02

Post by kylenicholas02 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:02 pm

I have the same problem with one of my Miller pups... She cant get out the kennel yet her tail is bleeding
KN

dawgmama

Post by dawgmama » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:37 am

Our Remi split her tail once in the woods, and my son said it looked like Passover. lol, every time she wagged, whoosh, blood everywhere, and try and tell a Setter not to wag! Their joy comes out their tail! My Wirehairs always used to get swooshed with the Setters tails in their eyes, and would look like they were saying, "Darn tails, highly overrated!" :D

Perhaps, if the split is not too large, you can wash it with Betadine, let it dry, and put some of that Liquid Bandage stuff on it till it heals. The Liquid Bandage does however, really sting when you apply it. I personally, on my split finger tips, use super glue to protect the split and allow healing to take place. Super glue does not sting. I've read of guys using super glue on dogs paws to help splits heal. Just a thought.

Nan
"Dead Bird!! Fetch it up!!"
2 English Setters and a 'beasty boy' Wirehair pup in our family of hunters.