Member's Mark Exceed Recall

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Re: Member's Mark Exceed Recall

Post by Greg Jennings » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:29 pm

claybuster_aa wrote: Abady does that...advertise they add vegetable matter????? I didn't know.
I don't know that Abady "advertises" it per se, but they definitely have grain and vegetable oils. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Abady. I just think I can do for my dogs for less money. If it was readily available to me and my dogs did better than anything else on it, I'd feed it in a heart beat.

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:45 pm

brdhntr wrote: Let me help you with some facts, corn is bad for several reasons:
1) It is composed of sugars (starch is composed of sugars)that are hard on the pancreas to digest, and
2) The digestion of starches and proteins are chemically opposed making complete digestion of both impossible especially in the short digestive tracks of dogs. (Major contributor to bloat, and #2 cause of death in dogs)
3) incomplete digestion of proteins is a major contributor to allergies.
4) cooking meat causes proteins to cross link leading to deficiencies in amino acids.

Now you don't need to wonder anymore.
I feed a kibble that doesn't have corn in it at all. I don't knock corn, I just like the feed I'm using because my dogs do wonderfully on it. What I'm feeding is Nutrisource Adult Chicken & Rice.

If my kibble doesn't have corn in it does that make it superior, or do I still have the wool pulled over my eyes simply because I'm feeding a dry kibble in the first place?
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

brdhntr

Post by brdhntr » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:47 pm

ezzy333 wrote:I would suggest you read a few good nutrition books such as Feed and Feeding which is pretty old now but there are many newer ones. They will explain one of the virtues of corn is the easy digestibility plus its ready availability makes it the carb source of choice throughout the world. Rice is also good but it just doesn't have all of the other benefits that corn has such as the fat and protein content. If you want to influence those teachers I would suggest you take them to a field trial and watch the dog perform that are being fed corn or maybe a dog show and see the winners that are fed corn. Or maybe you should have them check the coyote scat or the foxes and you will find it is loaded with the remains of all the vegetable matter they eat in their prefered diet. Look around and then ask yourself how all of this is possible when your books said that you can't feed both protein and carbs when every food they eat are just that and they thrive.

Rather than me do all the work I would suggest you get all of those teachers together and go and visit the dog shows, field trials, and even the dogs out in the field hunting, and realize that 99 out of each hundred are fed in the manner you say that doesn't work while the other one is fed the way you say they need to be and you can't for the life of you tell which dog it is that is fed your way. Then have them tell you why those dogs are just as strong and healthy while being fed corn, cooked meats, vegetable proteins, and many other terrible feeds. And all of this cheaper and a lot less work.

Ezzy
I did not say carbs and protein, I said starch and protein. I also never said "it doesn't work", but I have outlined, possible problems and shortcoming, with those diets. I have also shared the basics of the science behind it, and it is really basic. Thriving is 100% subjective, and adds no real merit to the discussion. Now you can say these issues are not significant in their effect, but you can not dismiss them as lies. You can say starches are digestible enough with proteins, but you can't say digestion isn't improved when digested separately. You can say cooked proteins are good enough, but you can not deny the destruction of tryptophan and lysine when cooked. You can dismiss bloat as being relevant enough to make a consideration for, but you can not deny it's increased potential in dogs fed a certain way. I also dispute your theory that it is cheaper and less work.

brdhntr

Post by brdhntr » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:50 pm

Ayres wrote:
brdhntr wrote: Let me help you with some facts, corn is bad for several reasons:
1) It is composed of sugars (starch is composed of sugars)that are hard on the pancreas to digest, and
2) The digestion of starches and proteins are chemically opposed making complete digestion of both impossible especially in the short digestive tracks of dogs. (Major contributor to bloat, and #2 cause of death in dogs)
3) incomplete digestion of proteins is a major contributor to allergies.
4) cooking meat causes proteins to cross link leading to deficiencies in amino acids.

Now you don't need to wonder anymore.
I feed a kibble that doesn't have corn in it at all. I don't knock corn, I just like the feed I'm using because my dogs do wonderfully on it. What I'm feeding is Nutrisource Adult Chicken & Rice.

If my kibble doesn't have corn in it does that make it superior, or do I still have the wool pulled over my eyes simply because I'm feeding a dry kibble in the first place?
This is now just my opinion, A dog does produce the enzyme to digest starches, so I can not definitively say it is bad, but I do believe it is not necessary, and way to hard to feed separately. I'll bet if you follow wild canines you will find they are eating one or the other, but not both. I'll also bet the eating of non meat is secondary to fresh kill, and made as a compromise to starving. I do not knock feeding kibble, I do it myself, but in choosing which one, I weigh those 4 factors. I do this to the extent I can derive the info from the Mfg, and if they do not provide adequate info, I assume it to be negative.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:38 pm

brdhntr wrote: Thriving is 100% subjective, and adds no real merit to the discussion.
Really? I think that the average owner is actually expert enough to know when their dog is doing well. I know that I haven't spent that first penny on vet bills other than trauma injuries and required vaccinations. So, at the end of the day, when the proof is in the pudding, how are they going to do better on something else?

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:43 pm

You can dismiss bloat as being relevant enough to make a consideration for, but you can not deny it's increased potential in dogs fed a certain way.
I can not only deny it but will challenge you to show us some proof. Bloat is a rare but serious problem with some breeds but what they are fed is not as
important as when you feed them. Gas can be more prevelant with certain feeds but the main problem in 90% of the cases comes from the twisted stomach and that happens because of weight in the gut and a build that allows it to swing. Really doesn't matter at all what that weight consist of. I have never had or seen a dog with bloat , as most people haven't and I question this 2nd leading cause of death. I'll bet anything that cancer, possibly parvo, probably snake bite are all more often occurences than bloat. Especially if you feed in the prescribed manner that has been recommended for years.

Show us the evidence or at least show us where you saw that information in writing.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Ditch__Parrot

Post by Ditch__Parrot » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:48 pm

good stuff here but what does it have to do with the availability of Exceed.

http://www.gundogforum.com/forum/viewto ... 88&t=20228

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:25 pm

Sadie - good call on creating a new thread. The topic of quality dog feed in relation to certain ingredients really does need its own thread because of its importance.

However, when Exceed is no longer on the store shelves people who feed it begin looking for an alternative food for their dogs. That's how the two subjects are related and why the morph into the quality feed discussion is/was relevant in this thread. Believe me, if the two were completely unrelated and the discussion had really become a topic hijack, we would have put a stop to it.

About the only thing that is spot on point that anyone can add to the matter is 1) whether Exceed is still on the shelves in your location (which doesn't do the OP any good anyway) or 2) whether someone has some facts about why it was pulled and if it will be coming back. Without that information, again, people will be starting to look to feeding alternatives - which is where the discussion had been leading.
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

brdhntr

Post by brdhntr » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:52 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
You can dismiss bloat as being relevant enough to make a consideration for, but you can not deny it's increased potential in dogs fed a certain way.
I can not only deny it but will challenge you to show us some proof. Bloat is a rare but serious problem with some breeds but what they are fed is not as
important as when you feed them. Gas can be more prevelant with certain feeds but the main problem in 90% of the cases comes from the twisted stomach and that happens because of weight in the gut and a build that allows it to swing. Really doesn't matter at all what that weight consist of. I have never had or seen a dog with bloat , as most people haven't and I question this 2nd leading cause of death. I'll bet anything that cancer, possibly parvo, probably snake bite are all more often occurences than bloat. Especially if you feed in the prescribed manner that has been recommended for years.

Show us the evidence or at least show us where you saw that information in writing.

Ezzy
Purdue School of Veterinary Medicine printed in the January 1997 edition of Bloat Notes indicated a rise of 1,500% in cases of bloat and torsion from 1964 to 1994. A quote from the study:
"the increase is unlikely to reflect changing diagnostic criteria or disease recognition. The increasing frequency of GDV starting about 1969 affected mostly the large and giant dog breeds. Therefore, it is also unlikely to be caused by genetic factors. However, this apparent epidemic of GDV could be explained by the introduction of one or more novel environmental factors such as new ingredients in dry dog foods or a change in manufacturing processes."

brdhntr

Post by brdhntr » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:04 pm

Another quote from the study:
"There were a total of 1920 dogs without a prior history of GDV that participated in our study. The breakdown of dogs by breed is shown in the table below. These 1920 dogs contributed a total of 3357.6 dog-years of follow-up information (following one dog for one year = one dog year). Among these dogs, 86 or 4.5% developed a first episode of GDV for an incidence of 26 per 1000 dog years. The average age of the dogs at entry into the study was 3.2 years while the average age of the 86 dogs that developed GDV was 5.5 years. Since the dogs in this study were relatively young at the start and because the risk of developing GDV increases markedly with age, we think this estimate of the incidence of GDV is very conservative compared with what we would have observed if we followed these dogs longer. The six breeds with the highest incidence of GDV in decreasing order were the Great Dane, Akita, Bloodhound, Weimaraner, Standard Poodle, and Irish Setter. For the 216 Great Danes that had an average follow-up time of only 2.5 years, nearly 12% developed GDV. Assuming that these Great Danes live to be 10 years of age, we conservatively estimate that more than 50% will eventually suffer an episode of GDV!! This is quite alarming given that nearly 25% of dogs can be expected to die during or shortly after an episode of GDV and it is consistent with previous findings that GDV is one of the leading causes of death in many giant and large breeds of dogs."

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:12 pm

That study also recommends not feeding kibble exclusively and recommends mixing with canned or table scraps. It also says that the connective tissue around the stomachs of bloated dogs showed damage due to feeding dry dog food.

I was surprised when ezzy made that staetment dismissing the bloat epidemic.

The following is from a public piece from Tufts Vet School

"Several diet-related factors were associated with a higher incidence of bloat. These include feeding only dry food, or feeding a single large daily meal. Dogs fed dry foods containing fat among the first four ingredients had a 170 percent higher risk for developing bloat. Dogs fed dry foods containing citric acid and were moistened prior to feeding had a 320 percent higher risk for developing bloat.

Conversely, feeding a dry food containing a rendered meat-and-bone meal decreased risk by 53 percent in comparison with the overall risk for the dogs in the study. Mixing table food or canned food into dry food also decreased the risk of bloat.

During the past 30 years there has been a 1,500 percent increase in the incidence of bloat, and this has coincided with the increased feeding of dry dog foods. There is a much lower incidence of bloat in susceptible breeds in Australia and New Zealand. Feeding practices in these countries have been found to be less dependent on dry foods.

As for feeding one large meal a day, this can weigh down the stomach and stretch the hepatogastric ligament, which usually maintains the stomach's normal position in the abdomen. Dogs that have bloated were found to have a much longer hepatogastric ligament; it is thought that this is due to chronic stretching. This could also explain why bloat risk increases with age.

Several popular theories regarding bloat were not substantiated during the study. There was no correlation of bloat risk to exercise before or after eating, as most dogs bloated in the middle of the night with an empty, gas-filled stomach. There was also no correlation to vaccinations, to the brand of dog food consumed, or to the timing or volume of water intake before or after eating."

westexasrepublic

Post by westexasrepublic » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:51 am

SO WHATS THE STATUS ON THE RECALL? IVE BEEN BACK TO SAMS 4 TIMES AND THE CUST CERVICE DESK KEEPS SAYING NEXT WEEK IT WILL BE STOCKED. NON ON THE SHELVES SO FAR. BUT I AM CREATING A NEW TOPIC ON INFORMATION FOR A NEW FEED ALTERNATIVE I HAVE FOUND....
Soouthland's Duke of Hearts
Little Lady Maple

ImageEdit This PedigreeGet Your Free Pedigree Today! WEST TEXAS

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:58 am

After everyone changes their brand of dogfood, they will be hurting when they restock and people are happy with new product. We changed when they upped the price 5.00 a bag and won't be back unless it comes back the same origional price.
brenda

Maurice

Post by Maurice » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:20 am

snips wrote:After everyone changes their brand of dogfood, they will be hurting when they restock and people are happy with new product. We changed when they upped the price 5.00 a bag and won't be back unless it comes back the same origional price.
Brenda what did you and Rick switch to?

Maurice

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:24 am

We are feeding Sportmix 24/20, and really like it. Like the price too :D
brenda

Maurice

Post by Maurice » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:21 pm

snips wrote:We are feeding Sportmix 24/20, and really like it. Like the price too :D

That food works well for working dogs, I have fed alot of it and will probably change back next week to it. My dealer started back selling Pride food but it did not last long for some reason, don't know why he is having a hard time keeping the Pride food.

Mo

SubMariner

Post by SubMariner » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:35 pm

brdhntr wrote:Another quote from the study:
"There were a total of 1920 dogs without a prior history of GDV that participated in our study. The breakdown of dogs by breed is shown in the table below. These 1920 dogs contributed a total of 3357.6 dog-years of follow-up information (following one dog for one year = one dog year). Among these dogs, 86 or 4.5% developed a first episode of GDV for an incidence of 26 per 1000 dog years. The average age of the dogs at entry into the study was 3.2 years while the average age of the 86 dogs that developed GDV was 5.5 years. Since the dogs in this study were relatively young at the start and because the risk of developing GDV increases markedly with age, we think this estimate of the incidence of GDV is very conservative compared with what we would have observed if we followed these dogs longer. The six breeds with the highest incidence of GDV in decreasing order were the Great Dane, Akita, Bloodhound, Weimaraner, Standard Poodle, and Irish Setter. For the 216 Great Danes that had an average follow-up time of only 2.5 years, nearly 12% developed GDV. Assuming that these Great Danes live to be 10 years of age, we conservatively estimate that more than 50% will eventually suffer an episode of GDV!! This is quite alarming given that nearly 25% of dogs can be expected to die during or shortly after an episode of GDV and it is consistent with previous findings that GDV is one of the leading causes of death in many giant and large breeds of dogs."
Still in hijack mode: any chance at a link to this study so we can look at it in detail?

Sorry for the interruption... we now return you to your regularly scheduled thread, already in progress.... :twisted:
=SubMariner=
No matter where you go, there you are!

3Britts

Post by 3Britts » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:33 pm

Just have to say it.

Anything that kicks the Walmart (Sams) company in the "backside" is a good thing.

Maurice

Post by Maurice » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:46 pm

Try this Howie.. www.sportmix.com

M

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:17 pm

The 24/20 Sportmix I saw was "Energy Plus". Those of you that are feeding Sportmix, what bag are you feeding? I have a 2 year old very athletic lean gsp and a 4.5 month old pup, that I would want to preferably feed from the same bag, if safe and possible to do so.

As far as this thread, how is this different than any other thread that turns into a bashing of kibble? It's always nice to have someone tell me, even if it's in a round about way, that I'm not feeding my dogs properly. :roll: Have a friend that's had two different Spinone's bloat, don't know what the first circumstance was, but the 2nd one ate pieces of drywall during a remodel. Just wanted to throw that out there, in case your feeding drywall. :lol:

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:27 pm

The name is Sportmix and Tractor Supply handles it here. There have been other retailers around and I know people who have used it for years and have yet to hear any thing negative about it. That is my second choice after Diamond and need to try it again sometime. I just don't like to change food unless there is a real good reason I need to.

Ezzy

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:38 pm

ezzy333 wrote:The name is Sportmix and Tractor Supply handles it here. There have been other retailers around and I know people who have used it for years and have yet to hear any thing negative about it. That is my second choice after Diamond and need to try it again sometime. I just don't like to change food unless there is a real good reason I need to.

Ezzy
Thanks. I've got a T.S. about an hour from home. Don't want to change, but I was using Exceed. I'll probably go back to it, if it comes back. I liked Diamond too, but it doesn't agree with my older gsp--in that she gases us out. As a housedog, that leaves us humans green around the gills. :wink: Otherwise, she did well on it too.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:46 pm

I had the same problem with gas till I cut the feed back just a little and it pretty much went away.

Ezzy

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:09 pm

I am feeding all dogs the 24/20. I fed new pups Exceed, then switxh on the Sportmix. We have 2 pups same age, 4.5 months and they are doing great on it.
brenda

claybuster_aa

Post by claybuster_aa » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:19 pm

brdhntr wrote: I did not say carbs and protein, I said starch and protein. I also never said "it doesn't work", but I have outlined, possible problems and shortcoming, with those diets. I have also shared the basics of the science behind it, and it is really basic. Thriving is 100% subjective, and adds no real merit to the discussion. Now you can say these issues are not significant in their effect, but you can not dismiss them as lies. You can say starches are digestible enough with proteins, but you can't say digestion isn't improved when digested separately. You can say cooked proteins are good enough, but you can not deny the destruction of tryptophan and lysine when cooked. You can dismiss bloat as being relevant enough to make a consideration for, but you can not deny it's increased potential in dogs fed a certain way. I also dispute your theory that it is cheaper and less work.
Starches are usable, only because they are not delivered as starches. Conversion happens during the cooking process (high temp whether it be extrusion or baking), and that is starch is converted into Dextrin, a usable source of protein for carnivores. However, the crux of the matter is that it is an inefficient from of protein and not suitable when the diet is lacking in animal source proteins to begin with. Tissue building nutrients are found in animals proteins, not Dextrin. In order for any diet to be successful, there must be an abundance of animal source proteins and the best way to achieve that through the use of by-product meals in a commercial ration (a practice shunned by the WDJ). What's not included in the ration is as equally important as what is in the ration. Gluten and high fiber diets are the direct connection to allergies, not the starch itself that never makes into the animal (it is dextrin by then). Ingredients like corn and white rice when cooked are not dangerous for carnivores, however the only contribution to the diet is carbs and should therefore be keep to a minimum and the focus should be animal source proteins. They are both non-allergenic food sources for dogs. Corn of recent has lost that natural appeal due to the rise of GM Corn. White Rice right now is the best option in dog food when it comes to any fillers. You don’t see it used often for it is one of the more expensive ingredients when in comes to non-meat/fat ingredients.
A good bird dog is always the right color

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Post by slistoe » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:52 pm

claybuster_aa wrote:Corn of recent has lost that natural appeal due to the rise of GM Corn. White Rice right now is the best option in dog food when it comes to any fillers.
:) Buy it now.
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2009 ... 611098.htm
http://www.gmo-compass.org/eng/grocery_ ... _rice.html

claybuster_aa

Post by claybuster_aa » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:27 pm

slistoe wrote:
claybuster_aa wrote:Corn of recent has lost that natural appeal due to the rise of GM Corn. White Rice right now is the best option in dog food when it comes to any fillers.
:) Buy it now.
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2009 ... 611098.htm
http://www.gmo-compass.org/eng/grocery_ ... _rice.html
Good post. What is interesting currently GM rice, the modification has been for increased beta-carotene. That's not quite the same as modification for pesticide resistance as corn has gone through. Now the second link mentioned herbicide resistance rice. Now we're talking and that is something to keep on eye on. Abady is probably watching that sort of thing because they are big on the natural theme. They don't like certain modifications to food sources, especially that involving herbicides and pesticides. Again, good links.

Pearled Barley is an option. The gluten is in the hull and that is what would be avoided if Abady had to move off rice. It is a more expensive option than cracked or whole barley, but suitable without the gluten. If that happens (rice was out in the future and pearled barley came in), it would stink. One of my dogs, didn't like the pearled barley when it made a brief appearance of few years back in Abady Granular Classic. He seemed to going after his feet a lot with biting and itching. Those batches did seem a bit dry though like old boxes and the oils were dried up. That could have been part of the problem. Only a couple dud boxes in 7 years. No wonder they were on sale for $51 apiece instead of the normal 65. I bought two thinking I was getting a good deal and they were both dry kind of dry.

postoakshorthairs

Post by postoakshorthairs » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:43 am

that is starch is converted into Dextrin, a usable source of protein for carnivores
maybe i misunderstood this comment but Dextrin is not a protein it's a carbohydrate.

claybuster_aa

Post by claybuster_aa » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:23 pm

postoakshorthairs wrote:
that is starch is converted into Dextrin, a usable source of protein for carnivores
maybe i misunderstood this comment but Dextrin is not a protein it's a carbohydrate.
Good catch. Calories are unit of energy derived from protein, fat and carbs. Starch converted to dextrin would be a carb source that is usable. There may be no requirement but still useable and like protein part of the calorie count.

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:39 am

The Exceed is no longer available in my Sam's store.

What next

Jerry
2009 NGSPA National Champion R/U
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2071

Jeremiah 29:11

God says He has Plans for Me

Maverick57

Post by Maverick57 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:38 pm

Our New Mexico Sams is out of Exceed also, we did however talk to one of the guys who does all the ordering and because of LOTS of people complaning
they are try to get it back on the shelves, so Boys & Girls GO complane to you store Mgrs .

I had to switch back to Diamond, Hi preformance, 30-20 like the exceed was so hope the dogs get back on track, Diamond is a pretty fair food it just give the dogs gas.

Sorry the spelling is off ,been on the road for a few days and just tired.
Maverick 57

If you are not the lead Dog, The view never changes !

Good Girls Seldom Make History !

wannabe

Post by wannabe » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:20 am

My wife called Sam's last night, and they told her that the Exceed will be delivered to the store on Thursday.
Soggy Bottom Kennels
Home of:
Soggy Bottom's Dapper Dan
Belly Acres Whinehard
Soggy Bottom's Juicy Butte
Soggy Bottom's Bonafide
Soggy Bottom's Col. Angus

westexasrepublic

Post by westexasrepublic » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:12 am

the computers for shipments must not have been updated, cuz customer service keeps looking it up on the comp every week I go and they keep telling me the same thing....
Little Lady Maple

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:00 pm

Back on the shelves here today!!!
brenda

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:52 pm

i hope they get it in my stores soon......its not there as of this afternoon.

I had some luck with black gold.....both the hipo and the signature.....not bad stuff and cheap at my local feed store.

It stinks when stuff like this happens, having pointers they eat like supermodels.....change hasn't been a good thing. I picked up
2 bags of pro-plan 30/20 today....have to see how they like it, my wallet sure doesn't (almost 90 bucks for 2 bags). :roll:
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

vzkennels

Post by vzkennels » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:26 pm

What's the new bags look like? :D

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:32 pm

It is the same :roll:
brenda

brdhntr

Post by brdhntr » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:36 pm

vzkennels wrote:What's the new bags look like? :D
That is one good looking Short hair.

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:58 pm

brdhntr wrote:
vzkennels wrote:What's the new bags look like? :D
That is one good looking Short hair.
Thats an EP with its tail docked :mrgreen:
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

vzkennels

Post by vzkennels » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:12 pm

I guess we all knew the bag thing was BS.Thanks brdhntr & birddog if she were solid LVR like her Gr mother you wouldn't even hint at that.Here is a pic of Star's (avatar) mother birddog you would probably say another docktalied EP.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by vzkennels on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:14 pm

vzkennels wrote:I guess we all knew the bag thing was BS.
Yeah makes ya wonder doesnt it?

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:23 pm

vzkennels wrote:I guess we all knew the bag thing was BS.Thanks brdhntr & birddog if she were solid LVR like her Gr mother you wouldn't even hint at that.Here is a pic of Star's (avatar) mother birddog you would probably say another docktalied EP.

Changing the bag doesn't say it will look different. If it was from the oil leaking then they witout a doubt had to change at least one layer of the paper to a waxed type or possibly had to add a film between layers. They would have to wait till the bag manufacturer could get them made and shipped.

Ezzy

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:13 pm

vzkennels wrote:.Thanks brdhntr & birddog if she were solid LVR like her Gr mother you wouldn't even hint at that.Here is a pic of Star's (avatar) mother birddog you would probably say another docktalied EP.
was teasing capt nothin more....fine looking dogs!!!

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

westexasrepublic

Post by westexasrepublic » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:43 am

ok well, if it is back I would like to share a little tip to save gas on a wasted trip to Sams. At their website you can look up the dog food then type in your zip code and it will tell you if it is back on the shelves or not. Funny thing is, according to (in store) customer service it is on the shelves, So I looked and it isnt. I go online, and it agreed with me. So it seems pretty accurate.

{edit}
Ok maybe not, I just went back to the website not 10 minutes later and now its not showing online either......
Little Lady Maple

wannabe

Post by wannabe » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:24 pm

wannabe wrote:My wife called Sam's last night, and they told her that the Exceed will be delivered to the store on Thursday.
It didn't get delivered today. I am switching everyone over to Diamond Natural Extreme Athlete :roll:
Soggy Bottom Kennels
Home of:
Soggy Bottom's Dapper Dan
Belly Acres Whinehard
Soggy Bottom's Juicy Butte
Soggy Bottom's Bonafide
Soggy Bottom's Col. Angus

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 am

Anyone find it back in the stores yet?

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

westexasrepublic

Post by westexasrepublic » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:49 am

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/naviga ... tem=434241

still registers out of stock at my store.
Little Lady Maple

JohnGrasty

Post by JohnGrasty » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:03 pm

No chicken in the Asheville, NC store; only 5 or 6 bags of the lamb left?!

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:53 am

Buy it while you can!

gambel

Post by gambel » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:50 pm

Still none on the shelves as of today in Northern Utah. I switched, had no choice. I don't think I'll go back to Exceed, even if it shows up at this point? Good luck to all of you that are still feeding it. Hopefully something happens before you run out!