Ouch- Crate Accident

pakratt

Ouch- Crate Accident

Post by pakratt » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:14 pm

We all know puppies are clumsy--my little guy got excited and stood up in his crate-- as he did his paw slipped on the plastic liner and he jammed his paw into the metal bars. He pee'd all over the place and is favoring it-- we are headed to the vet in an hour or so when they open in the afternoon--

He will let me handle the paw but gives little whimpers and gently mouths my fingers when I hold it-- but no loud yelps--

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Re: Ouch- Crate Accident

Post by wems2371 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:46 pm

I hope all turned out well for you. Hopefully your puppy was just in temporary distress or is super sensitive (ours was a drama queen) and no serious damage was done. Good luck. Denise

romeo212000

Post by romeo212000 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:54 pm

Putting a doggie bed in the floor would help with that,.

mrsb73122

Post by mrsb73122 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:53 pm

Our DK got his pad stuck between the bars on the door several months ago. He was really excited about something. I couldn't get it out, so I called for my son who is really good with him. He tried to get it unstuck, meanwhile the dog is barking and almost biting but not bearing down. He was in a lot of pain. Finally, he got unstuck himself. He was fine, but his paw was a little sore. It was very unnerving not being able to help him.
Sharon B.

pakratt

Post by pakratt » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:44 pm

vet could not tell for sure if there was a break-- so she treated as if it were-- put a hunter orange cast on and a dog dome collar. In cast for a week--

Will add that bedding--

Thanks Guys-

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:02 pm

So my question is... Is the cast and plastic collar less money than the X-ray to see if it really was broken?

Scott Linden

Post by Scott Linden » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:46 pm

I'd have opted for RealTree instead of blaze.

Seriously, though, I'd want to know if it was actually broken before going to the trouble of a collar and cast. Hope all turns out well.
Follow the hunter with the longest nose!
http://scottlindenoutdoors.com