silly question

upland-o

silly question

Post by upland-o » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:39 pm

I have a young dog, two years old. She is new in my home and is a dream for me and my family. She has an excellent nose and is a total sweetheart a dream companion in the field and in the house, she is by far the best dog I have ever owned. But ive noticed she has a funny habit. To start off the vet gave her a clean bill of health and she has good hips, but I find her regularly pulling herself around the house with her two front legs with her belly ang legs dragging behind her on the carpet. She does it an awful lot and seems to be happy as can be while she does it. Should I be concerned about her? It seems she does it excessively

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Re: silly question

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:45 pm

may have him recheck on worms or just worm her any way

or something impacted

or she just may like sliding her rear as she may ahve had a problem in her past whic that gave her relief and a feel good feeling
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

rockllews

Post by rockllews » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:02 pm

I couldn't attempt any health diagnosis/suggestions, but... if you could picture a seal clapping and flapping/sliding about on the ground, we have a female who does something very similar... sometimes she'll turn a whole circle on her belly (part of time she's opening/closing her mouth making weird sounds). For her, it's just silliness, she likes to entertain us. I think it starts as stretching and then we come over to pet her and she just gets goofy. If your dog looks like she's enjoying herself and not trying to relieve any discomfort, I don't think I'd worry about it... could just be a behavior she picked up earlier. (I guess my only concern would be itchy skin....)

dog dr

Post by dog dr » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:15 am

i think her belly itches and it feels good for her to "scratch" it on the carpet. Fleas? Allergies? Dry skin?

rockllews

Post by rockllews » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:55 am

Here's a link about Atopy... an itchy skin disease mostly from allergies. http://www.petplace.com/dogs/atopy-in-dogs/page1.aspx If you go to Page 3, there are other conditions that have itchiness as a symptom.

Brittguy

Post by Brittguy » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:50 am

I had a dog that did that very thing he would go real fast and sometimes in circles. We always considered it his unique thing.There was nothing wrong with him he was OFA and a field champion.That was a long time ago and we never had any other dog do this until his 1/2 sister from a frozen semen breeding . She also does this but not as often. Buddy did it all the time. We enjoyed his funny way.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:48 pm

Can I talk about my dogs' tricks now? I 've been waiting for that thread to come up. :D
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett