Anti-inflammatories and psychoses?

rollick

Anti-inflammatories and psychoses?

Post by rollick » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:44 am

Has anyone ever experienced very strange--verging on psychotic--behavior in your dog when your dog is taking anti-inflammatories, like Rimadyl or Saloxicin? My vet thinks I'm the crazy one, but my vet isn't living with the dog when he gets all weird. Many thanks in advance for any light any of you can shed on this perplexing issue.

LoveNewfies

Re: Anti-inflammatories and psychoses?

Post by LoveNewfies » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:50 am

My Newfoundland behaved very oddly when I gave her Metacam. She did have a lot of panting, pacing and was very jumpy.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: Anti-inflammatories and psychoses?

Post by Sharon » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:14 am

"ADVERSE REACTIONS: During investigational studies for the caplet formulation with twice daily administration of 1 mg/lb, no clinically significant adverse reactions were reported. Some clinical signs were observed during field studies (n=297) which were similar for carprofen caplet- and placebo-treated dogs. Incidences of the following were observed in both groups: vomiting (4%), diarrhea (4%), changes in appetite (3%), lethargy (1.4%), behavioral changes (1%), and constipation (0.3%). "

Rimadyl website
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett