What might be lacking...........?

pear

What might be lacking...........?

Post by pear » Sun May 08, 2005 6:39 pm

Been working and running the three hooligans, about 4 days a week. All is going well, and they are in great shape, eating and drinking just as one would expect. The question is this, things are greening up nicely in the orchard, grass is getting tall. I think I traded the GSP's for Bovines........Are we lacking anything in our diet? This getting to the point I'm concerned we're grazing more than hunting. I know dogs can be grazers, but this is ridicules.........."pear"
"When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new "puppy". Then I realized that the Lord, in his wisdom, didn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked him to forgive me".

Arti
Nikki
Diamond
Bailey

TAK

Post by TAK » Sun May 08, 2005 10:41 pm

Pear it is hard to say and I would think with all the people around here could get a better answer than what I will say, but it is slow at work and ..... well you are going to hear it from me anyway!
I have heard that when they eat grass for reasons, they are thirsty, hungry, sick, or they just want to do it because they can....

My dogs have done it for years and I have also noticed it is when we are just sittin around. Maybe they are bored, but with you saying there is more grass eatin than huntin I would be a bit concerned!

Some time back there was a thread like this at another forum... I think Snip had some pretty good explentaion about the habbit, Snip?

By the Way I see you have the GSP's too. I like the picture you have listed. I was wondering what Blood lines you run???
Tom

pear

Post by pear » Mon May 09, 2005 7:22 am

Tom I sent you a PM
"When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new "puppy". Then I realized that the Lord, in his wisdom, didn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked him to forgive me".

Arti
Nikki
Diamond
Bailey

TAK

Post by TAK » Mon May 09, 2005 9:44 pm

Nice Talkin with ya tonight sorry work called but.... I would PM Snip she I believe did have some info on such a thing, maybe not her but she may remember it!

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Tue May 10, 2005 6:46 am

I must be havin a Sr moment Tom, but can`t for the life of me remember what I said. :oops:
brenda

pear

Post by pear » Tue May 10, 2005 8:05 am

.....................a SR moment at 29 oh my.... :lol:

Arti
Nikki
Diamond
Bailey

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Post by mountaindogs » Wed May 18, 2005 9:31 am

I sometimes give my dogs frozen/thawed spinach or collard greens with their regular food when they start eating grass a lot. Seems to help a little.